Any cold caller told you that they "Hope you go to Hell"

I've just had a call from the number 0001782277515 wanting a minute of my time and when I politely said that I was just going out I was told by the caller repeatedly "I hope you go to Hell".

Has this happened to anyone else and is there any way of tracing the number to report the individual concerned.

I've just had a call from the number 0001782277515 wanting a minute of my time and when I politely said that I was just going out I was told by the caller repeatedly "I hope you go to Hell".

Has this happened to anyone else and is there any way of tracing the number to report the individual concerned.

TBH Titanic I would not really bother about it, considering what they get called by us, but I do understand your sentiments. I will say that I have been less than complimentary to quite a few cold callers, who ring me up.:)

Is it funny hour?

I've just had one asking about my compensation claim for a car accident (which doesn't exist, btw). I said "do you know my name?" and he didn't. "How do you know I had an accident then?" - and it ended with him calling me an idiot.

That's odd as I had my car written off a while back whilst it was stationary and I wonder if it was about that.

TBH Titanic I would not really bother about it, considering what they get called by us, but I do understand your sentiments. I will say that I have been less than complimentary to quite a few cold callers, who ring me up.:)

I know but I just found it a bit bizarre, especially given the number wasn't witheld.

Have you tried Googling the number? There are several websites which list nuisance and cold callers' numbers. If I get a call from a number I don't recognise I Google it.

I had one recently at work, someone informed me (in very bad English) that there was an accident related to this number.

Nope .. it's normally me saying it to them. Though now I have named caller, I never answer to any number not known to me.

My husband does the best .. he says "hang on I'll go and get so and so" and just leaves the phone off the hook.

Recent Cold caller (with foreign sounding accent) conversation ...

CC 'Hello, your computer is running slow isn't it?'

AB 'No'

CC 'I know it is isn't it?'

AB 'You've hacked into my computer?'

CC 'No no sir ... I just know it is, isn't it?'

AB 'No it's fine, what do you want?'

CC 'I want to tell you about our computer protection system, isn't it?'

AB 'Isn't it what? ... I don't need your stuff!'

CC 'But sir, you don't know what it is yet do you, isn't it?'

AB 'Not interested'

CC 'Just go to your computer and turn it on, we can test it, isn't it?

AB 'It's on ... it's always on ... I'm not interested'

CC 'Then turn it off and then turn it on again ... we can see how slow it is, isn't it?

AB '**** off! ... isn't it!?

(puts down phone) :)

Archived