Any cold caller told you that they "Hope you go to Hell"

Had a call from Ultra Energy, (number witheld) when I told him I am with the TPS he said have you updated your details as you have to every 6 months, looked on their site and checked my number and it is still registered. It looks like they are saying this as an excuse for calling if challenged.

So let me get this straight, rightly or wrongly he called you to see if he could sell you something, we all know you're a capitalist and therefore approve of consumerism and what this guy was doing, and you start arguing with him? It sums you up perfectly. The fact you saw it as a win just underlines it.

Just because you are a communist it doesnt automatically follow that we think you approve of all communist ideas, like killing off babies in China, or the Stasi....

Or perhaps you do? Who knows...

I love cold callers - I have this http://egbg.home.xs4all.nl/counterscript.html on a button on my browser and bring it up on screen as soon as I get a call.

By the time you're asking them to recommend a brand of toothpaste, they're usually confused and frightened.

I just generally work on asking them to go and agree not to call. When they don't it's time to get obnoxious - that invariably stops them calling back which is the main aim.

The other trick is never to give your name out - if they have no idea of whome they are talking to most of what they are doing is quite pointless.

I just generally work on asking them to go and agree not to call. When they don't it's time to get obnoxious - that invariably stops them calling back which is the main aim.

The other trick is never to give your name out - if they have no idea of whome they are talking to most of what they are doing is quite pointless.

That's not as much fun as the counterscript, trust me.

Archived