New Training Times Gracie Barra Sheffield BJJ

It's just the BJJ bit that I find odd, black belts are usually ridiculously hard to get, as anvil says there are no more than 5-6 in the country and it's highly unusual for someone to go straight to black, especially when as far as I know he hasn't really trained BJJ. But then I did see Royce say that with my own eyes so I don't know.

there are only 3 british BJJ blackbelts in the UK.

Jude Samuel

Marc Walder

Rick Young

there are brazilian black belts teaching throughout the UK,

Roger Gracie, Braulio Estima, Pepe Schrembri, Felipe Souza and others who visit from time to time.

Crayfish: the conversation you heard was probably about rob only having his Blackbelt (TJJ) to wear and was asking royce if it was ok to wear it out of respect. Royce believes that belts are only to hold your trousers up and you can where what you want as long as you can back it up.

Originally posted by claw

rob is a 3rd dan i think at jujitsu and a 2nd dan at judo and i am sure black at bjj, although he incorporates other styles which he has picked up along the way, he and brian trianed for a while in wtf taekwondo, think brian got to black at cbba

This seems to have been cleared up already, but just for good measure :hihi:

when nilson lopes was over here Rob was wearing a blue belt for BJJ

Archived