Car repair argument.

You cannot and must not just sell it. There is a specific legal remedy for this sort of situation - have a look here....

http://www.lawgistics.co.uk/legal-article-business-law/motor-trade-advice/liens-abandoned-vehicles

Read section 12 - you are the bailee for the repair, the other party is the bailor. you must give notice to them that you intend to sell, and have to prove it.

I had a call from them today( I wonder if they have seen this thread on SF) they have agreed to give me the log book and said I can sell it or brake it and take the money for my work and if there is any thing over give them a call,I think I will brake it as I already have customers for the turbo and the leather inertia.

Result !!

Take it for all you can, they behaved disgracefully and abused your trust.

Actually they were OK, they said that a relative offered them a decent car after they had brought their car in to me and they had over spent buying it and were very apologetic in the end.

Archived