O2 Academy concert

Scrappy30

Hi all

I am coming to sheffield from London for Lostprophets gig at the o2. I would really love to be at the front if possible. What time would be best to start queing from the doors open about 6.30.

I have never been to Sheffield before so not sure what the venue is like

Thanks

The 02 is an old disco thats seen better days. It was given a lick of black paint when it reopened as the 02 but not much else! Its over 2000 capacity - so maybe similar in size to the (old) Astoria or Kentish Town Forum in London.

Havent a clue what time people start queueing from - but from years of gig going - if I was going down the front at "lively" gigs - i always used to wait until a song or two in and things had settled down - then move in from the side.

As concert venues go its actually not too bad. Yes it holds up to 2000, but no matter where you stand you have got a good un restricted view of the stage, and not too far away from it either.not sure how you're getting up from London, but if its by train , it's only a 5 min walk from the station. You can actually see the building from the station. If you're driving , try and avoid using the ncp carpark underneath the venue, it's an expensive rip off for gigs, there's much cheaper alternatives nearby. As for a time to go in, they are pretty quick at scanning tickets and even long ques go down in 10 mins. For sold out gigs I normally go in about 7ish

Took the daughters to this gig, it was a great night, the bands were excellent :)

Unfortunately my daughter spent all her money on a Lostprophets black tour t-shirt, that you can only buy at the gig not online, and she either dropped it out of her bag, or it was pick-pocketed from her bag while in the crowd. I hope it was the former.

If anybody was at the gig last night and found it, please please can you get in touch, she is gutted. It was black, small, with a cartoon-y shark on it. Other than that, it was a wonderful evening.

Archived