The Comet in administration thread

I could go at lunchtime... But only if it's worth it.

And the nearest one is meadowhell retail park, I don't think I'll bother.

I'm going to have a walk to my local one at lunch and have a quick look (Wakefield).

It may surprise me and be a good sale, somehow I think there will just be 5-10% off.

Check the tweets linked in that article.

Not looking too good yet.

The way these things usually work is small discounts probably 10-20% to start with then when the best sellers have gone and the sticky stuff is left they crank it up probably finishing with the "up to" 50% off.

I remember the Focus sale, I went on the 80% and 90% off days and got a shed (literately) load of stuff really cheap.

I could go at lunchtime... But only if it's worth it.

And the nearest one is meadowhell retail park, I don't think I'll bother.

It's not the one on Queen's Road behind Halfords then?

Or the one at Crystal Peaks?

This is about a lot of people facing a bleak Christmas with no job, hope your petty squabbling makes you feel good when you only have to worry about whether you have warranty, take out household insurance:roll::roll:
the items have manufacturer's warranty, so that shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you register your purchase and keep your receipt in a very safe place (proof of purchase date) as it won't be possible to look you up on a computer at a later date

household insurance isn't going to cover the breakdown of appliances. Extended warranty is usually via third parties too, so contact the underwriter to confirm you're still covered if you have an existing policy

Archived