The Comet in administration thread

Just been. Bugger all bargains. Even with 10% off most prices are still higher then normal prices elsewhere :(

Agree, absolute joke, no wonder they went into administration, they can't even do a good firesale!!

The reduction might get higher, we shall see, I can't believe how many people were buying with the paltry discounts, looking at the prices it was still above other shops!!

Agree, absolute joke, no wonder they went into administration, they can't even do a good firesale!!

The reduction might get higher, we shall see, I can't believe how many people were buying with the paltry discounts, looking at the prices it was still above other shops!!

I suppose it's up to the administrators to get as much cash in as they can..you don't start off by offering everything at stupidly low prices do you? You said there were people still willing to pay the current prices..I suppose once they thin out then the prices will have to come down...

I reckon it will be like when Currys PC World closed their Outlet stores. It was where they sold open boxed or damaged stock, but wasn't really good value. Even on the last day they were open the sale prices were no better than internet. All the stuff went back into "clearance" sections at normal stores.

After reading on here this morning about the start of the comet liquidation sale I decided to visit the one at Drake house retail park crystal peaks.

I was in two weeks ago looking at tv's and laptops and today noticed the PRICES ARE EXACTLY THE SAME.

Banners all over the shop saying UP TO 10% OFF EVERYTHING but I did not see one discounted item.

UP TO meaning nothing.

Do yourself a favour and don't bother going.

The was a good firesale of rovers a few years ago

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased a cooker from comet on 30th October £369 which included fitting I rang up when they went into admin and was told I was not getting my cooker and to write in for a refund this I did once to comet and no reply second time to the administrators had a letter back today saying Ime not getting my money back and to ring customer care for further advice this I did and all I got back is sorry they can't help me surely this is not legal any ideas or do I have to spend more money on solicitors:(

I'm sorry to say, but it's doubtful you will get your money back, or a cooker... once a company has gone into administration like this, it's very difficult for anyone to get anything from them simply because they don't have the money...

Archived