Condoms, why are we still embarrassed about using them?

When I haven't been in a committed relationship with both partners being checked through the GUM etc, I have always been sure to take control of the condom situation since I'm allergic to both latex and nonoxynol-9, which is the spermicidal lubricant used with many condoms. In my situation there would be no chance of nipping along to a pharmacy and picking some suitable condoms up when you needed them, so I have had to plan in advance to have them available.

These days I'm getting a bit old, don't need them for contraception and am in a committed relationship so there's no need for them anyway, but I don't believe in getting all giggly about things.

When I haven't been in a committed relationship with both partners being checked through the GUM etc, I have always been sure to take control of the condom situation since I'm allergic to both latex and nonoxynol-9, which is the spermicidal lubricant used with many condoms. In my situation there would be no chance of nipping along to a pharmacy and picking some suitable condoms up when you needed them, so I have had to plan in advance to have them available.

These days I'm getting a bit old, don't need them for contraception and am in a committed relationship so there's no need for them anyway, but I don't believe in getting all giggly about things.

If i ever get caught without them i can just nip to BandQ for a roll of bin liners.

But then i guess im just lucky :heyhey:

Archived