Compact Digital Cameras

Hello, I am looking for the best compact camera for Christmas for between 100-200 pound mark, no higher.

I have been looking at this model for a long time and was wondering what the thoughts are...

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/categories/products/panasonic/lumix-dmc-tz25-digital-camera-in-black-84277/show.html

It is not as full featured as the TZ30 model meaning that it only has 16 optical zoom as a posed to the 20 optical zoom of the top model and it is minus the GPS and touch screen, but have heard that these are just gimmicks and drain the battery more so the model linked may be the best all rounder. It also only has mono audio and interlaced full HD as a posed to progressive full HD and stereo sound of the TZ30.

I really like the dial toggle on top and the ease of use, it has also gotten good reviews so am hoping for a good surprise when I come to use it.

Archived