Pregnant woman in racist gang attack gets let off

Head-wall.

The judge seems from your link to have noted that she's total scum, pointed out that being total scum will lead her kids down the same path but then not jailed her for the "sake of the kids"? What planet do these judges live on?

To be honest I can see the point of her being pregnant and having kids as a reason not to jail her but then because of not jailing her the judge also decides it wouldn't be fair to jail the others. :huh:

To be honest I can see the point of her being pregnant and having kids as a reason not to jail her but then because of not jailing her the judge also decides it wouldn't be fair to jail the others. :huh:

I agree there may be cases when people should be spared jail if major harm would result to the children as a result. In this case the judge has specifically identified her behaviour is causing harm to the kids and they would very likely be better off in care than with her. And fully agree that that there is no reason to let the others off at all.

would it be fair to jail them given that the woman was charged with a more serious offence and she walked ?

Why the misleading title ? she wasn't

"let off".

Lowe, Earls and Wray were given 12-month jail sentences suspended for two years

It is a let off if jail should have been the sentence.

It is a let off if jail should have been the sentence.

This isn't about opinions, it's about a criminal offence where the judge made a decision based on facts and his experience.

I'm not defending their actions but if people are going to discuss it at least start with the facts.

This isn't about opinions, it's about a criminal offence where the judge made a decision based on facts and his experience.

I'm not defending their actions but if people are going to discuss it at least start with the facts.

The judge is a woman and one with a multitude of questionable decisions behind her.

(not knocking women judges, but some of this ones rulings smack of "activist")

I remember the howls of protest on here when the Somali girl gang was let off for attacking a white woman a bit back and some posters were claiming it was because they were ethnics that they were let off.

Well here's a surprise, this time it's a pregnant white woman attacking an ethnic caught on film and in front of her kids and she gets let off as well as her boyfriend and his friend who also joined in.

Link here= http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article4620123.ece

I saw this article on the day it came out but waited to see if any of the "justice seekers" howling about the injustice of the Somali girls let off would make a mention of this story.

In reality if its an ethnic getting away with something a big song and dance is made but when it's the other way round the silence is deafening.

The judge was right not to jail her.

To do so would have been unfair on her unborn baby.

Not the same as the somali incident at all.

Archived