Anyone remember an italian bloke called zolly?

kirky

i think he came from handsworth,he was a mate of my dads and he used to tell me he could pick uo a table with 8 pints of beer on it in his mush without spilling a drop......i never actually saw him do this but my old fella swore it was true.......anyone remember him.......they used to drink in the old crown handsworth in the 70's.

yes kirky i'm still alive and looking forward to our boozing binge

i remember zolly but i am a lot older than you . i remember him from the norfolk . i can see him now getting down on his knees in the tap room and picking up a cast iron table with 33 pints of tetleys 8 pints of guiness a bottle of barley wine and big ada sat on it. he lifted it up in his mouth walked out of the pub ran down to the rose and crown at darnall swan across the boating lake in high hazels park, played 18 holes round tinsley, went and did his afternoon shift at cravens and walked back into the pub at night without spilling a drop

is this the same zolly that youre on about

Originally posted by PETE

i remember zolly but i am a lot older than you . i remember him from the norfolk . i can see him now getting down on his knees in the tap room and picking up a cast iron table with 33 pints of tetleys 8 pints of guiness a bottle of barley wine and big ada sat on it. he lifted it up in his mouth walked out of the pub ran down to the rose and crown at darnall swan across the boating lake in high hazels park, played 18 holes round tinsley, went and did his afternoon shift at cravens and walked back into the pub at night without spilling a drop

no,his dad worked at moor and wrights:)

Originally posted by PETE

That's rubbish.

Tinsley was only 9 holes in them days.

• 2 years later...

His name was Zolton Racz he was a strong man wrestler had a wrought iron buisiness up west st. trained with him at stanley st. working mans club in wicker he was a good bloke where are you zolly get in touch.(he was Hungarian.)

Archived