Trivial question I know..Any Ideas?

I want some fairly lights in the garden (mains powered but specifically designed for outdoors).

I've drilled a hole where the cable needs to be in the house wall, and that's fine. Trouble is, when I feed the cable through the hole, I can only assume, it drops down into the cavity wall, as it doesn't come through, having fed yards and yards of it into the hole.

I've thought of sticking a coathanger (wire type) into the hole and feeding that through and fixing the cable to it and pulling it through, but I've trashed the wardrobes and don't seem to have one.

Anyone have any neat tricks or ideas that work?

I want some fairly lights in the garden (mains powered but specifically designed for outdoors).

I've drilled a hole where the cable needs to be in the house wall, and that's fine. Trouble is, when I feed the cable through the hole, I can only assume, it drops down into the cavity wall, as it doesn't come through, having fed yards and yards of it into the hole.

I've thought of sticking a coathanger (wire type) into the hole and feeding that through and fixing the cable to it and pulling it through, but I've trashed the wardrobes and don't seem to have one.

What are fairly lights !! ??? :hihi:

Immerse a length of string in starch and allow to dry and stiffen.Once rigid the string can be poked through the hole.Wet one end and it can be used to hold the wire-Bobs your uncle!

Pour water into the drilled hole until it reaches the same level and starts to flow out.

Leave overnight.

It should have frozen through the by morning which will allow your flaccid wire to slide straight across the cavity to your inner hole.

You may want to block the holes overnight by screwing up some pages of an old copy of "Bunty". This will stop any errant water snakes sneaking in and causing havoc.

Pour water into the drilled hole until it reaches the same level and starts to flow out.

Leave overnight.

It should have frozen through the by morning which will allow your flaccid wire to slide straight across the cavity to your inner hole.

You may want to block the holes overnight by screwing up some pages of an old copy of "Bunty". This will stop any errant water snakes sneaking in and causing havoc.

Alternatively, use a lump-hammer and bolster chisel to knock a hole through big enough to pass your hand through. You can then pass the 'fairly' lights to an accomplice on the other side of the wall.

Alternatively, use a lump-hammer and bolster chisel to knock a hole through big enough to pass your hand through. You can then pass the 'fairly' lights to an accomplice on the other side of the wall.

Not sure if it would be wise to put your hand into the cavity.

The water snakes might bite!

Archived