Bizarre Worldwide Laws

What do you think are the most inane, stupid, petty, pathetic, childish, harsh, funny, hilarious, brutal and bizarre laws that have ever been invented. From policies and procedures to regulations and legislations, anything you desire.

I found one that I was thinking today...

Jaywalking _

_ To cross or walk in the street or road unlawfully or without regard for approaching traffic.

Now if the on coming traffic is at snail pace and I can easily walk across a quiet road with room to spare well before a car will even get near to me, does that mean I am using common sense or breaking the law.

jaywalking.. inane? Its a pretty common law used to stop people causing traffic problems and or walking into oncoming traffic to make insurance claims against the driver e.g

and another:
this is one of the reasons why dashcams are becoming very popular.

I can see what this thread is going to become, someone is going to go on one of those stupid websites and post a bunch of nonsense that was never factually correct in the first place or got repealed 300 years ago.

Such nonsense like it's legal to shoot a welshman on a Wednesday afternoon if he's having a pic-nic on a mound higher than 3 feet tall if it's doing a handstand and wearing a pickled cherry pinned to the 3rd hole on his belt.

It's all crap.

It's illegal in Ohio to paint your lion blue, or plough a field using an elephant.

It's not a law specifically though is it? It probably falls under animal rights or something.

Like it's illegal to take a cat into a hot airballoon and hang it's tail from a sandbag whilst playing the Macarena at 60 decibels on a portable stereo.

It's illegal because there's a law against being cruel to animals not because there's a specific law that prohibits the actual action.

Archived