Tom Watson MP latest blog, regarding paedophile ring within Govt.

in this case wasn't it the police via the media, not just random people on the internet? The welsh guy who was abused said the police told him the faxed photo was of Lord M which he then told the media (and this information may have turned up on conspiracy websites about this sort of thing as a result). The welsh guy is now clear on seeing another photo of Lord M it was not him, which suggests the photos were not at all alike which makes me wonder - why would the police have told him it was this person when it definitely was not this person?

Good point.

No doubt this will only encourage "conspiracy theorists" to claim Messham has been threatened / bought into silence by the "establishment".

Is that really so unthinkable?

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/local-news/threats-warning-for-west-bromwich-mp-285997

"Tom Watson said “people who should know” had told him he would be at risk if he decided to “dig any deeper” into the claims, which he raised in Parliament last month.

The West Bromwich East Labour MP admitted he had been “spooked” by the warnings and had kept a log of all the allegations passed to him should “anything happen”."

Seems that way doesn't it.

They are so good at it, I'll give them that.

The problem is people might seek their own justice if they don't get it from the authorities.

I would.

Going to start lynch mobs for people accused of being paedophiles without any evidence are we?

Newsnight was very good last night. The presenter sat with his head almost hung in shame while Steve Hewlett, Esther Rantzen and someone else laid into them!

If you didn't hear it this morning, John Humphries laceration of George Entwistle is well worth 15 minutes of your life.

Interview here

Going to start lynch mobs for people accused of being paedophiles without any evidence are we?

I didn't say that, you're putting words in my mouth again Longcol.

If someone had abused me or mine and the authorities thought they could sweep it under the carpet then...not sure what I'd do but it wouldn't be very nice.

If someone had abused me or mine and the authorities thought they could sweep it under the carpet then...not sure what I'd do but it wouldn't be very nice.

Would that include naming the wrong man on national TV. I see George Entwistle has resigned. Perhaps a few others who sought to make capital out of destroying innocent people should consider doing likewise.

The problem is people might seek their own justice if they don't get it from the authorities.

I would.

Longcol isn't putting anything in your mouth as your foot is in the way. In your first post you said you would. Then you said you're not sure you would. So which is it?

The problem with the lynch-mob mentality is that innocent people get named, like McAlpine. Remember the people who attacked a surgery because of the word Paediatrician on the door? That's how thick some people are.

Archived