Ex pats make me laugh.

They move to lands of milk and honey, but then you find them on this forum saying how proud they are to be sheffielders, then they bragg and boast and say we are numpty's for not following their trait. They also then start to be the Font of Knowledge of the country they live in. I think they come on this site to show off because the locals don't want to know em. Anyhow the majority end up coming back here.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

So you're saying no one can be proud of their roots :huh:

They move to lands of milk and honey, but then you find them on this forum saying how proud they are to be sheffielders, then they bragg and boast and say we are numpty's for not following their trait. They also then start to be the Font of Knowledge of the country they live in. I think they come on this site to show off because the locals don't want to know em. Anyhow the majority end up coming back here.:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Sorry to disagree with you, I left Sheffield to live in the sticks and enjoy the wildlife, landscape and the sea. I as many "Ex Pats" as you call us always and remember our roots. I am a Sheffielder and will always be proud to be one.

I have never and never will call people "Numpty's" who do not move from Sheffield.

People move for many reasons, work, marrage and children. I think you have a bag of frozen chips on your shoulder, you must be having a bad day and my advice is to get a life and find another subject to moan at.

Sorry to disagree with you, I left Sheffield to live in the sticks and enjoy the wildlife, landscape and the sea. I as many "Ex Pats" as you call us always and remember our roots. I am a Sheffielder and will always be proud to be one..

I left Sheffield three years ago for work reasons. Moving to London wasn't ever really part of the plan but an opportunity came along which was too good to turn down.

I'm a Sheffielder first and foremost and I miss my home city. I've never called anyone a numpty for not following me or bragged or boasted about living elsewhere. I'm love Sheffield, most of my friends and family still live there and I go home to visit every month or so. It's because I love Sheffield that I still take part in this forum.

And I smile when I hear a Sheffield accent or see someone in a Wednesday shirt :D

You seem to have gained quite an insight into another person simply through the internet.Are you some kind of cyber-detective?You do seem a little upset by the post.

Upset? Hardly so. I have however gained a little insight into the workings of Regatta's mind

1. A chronic xenophobe

2. Has a lot of suppressed resentments. Didint he start a thread not long on a rant about students getting discounts? What has he got against students? Perhaps he missed out on university :D

3. Loves his own jokes. Always puts the little "lol" after each comment

He's good for a little light comedy now and again nonetheless if you ignore the tripe he usually comes up with

Fancy that, knowing about the place you live. Who'd have thought that was possible!? :o

Archived