Exchange Offer: German for Guitar Lessons

Hi there,

I'm looking for someone, who wants to learn German and would teach me playing the guitar in exchange. Please only genuine offers.

I'm a self-employed translator and interpreter and have no financial interest (in this case :D). Under 18's do not need to answer (unless parents would be present during the lessons), as I would like to avoid any problems. One-to One in person preferred, but Skype would also be available. Age, gender or religion doesn't matter to me.

Thanks,

Oliver :cool:

Hi there,

I'm looking for someone, who wants to learn German and would teach me playing the guitar in exchange. Please only genuine offers.

I'm a self-employed translator and interpreter and have no financial interest (in this case :D). Under 18's do not need to answer (unless parents would be present during the lessons), as I would like to avoid any problems. One-to One in person preferred, but Skype would also be available. Age, gender or religion doesn't matter to me.

Thanks,

Oliver :cool:

You lot!! This post is well whack!! Here's a chord - now tell me 'pork pie' in English.

You lot!! This post is well whack!! Here's a chord - now tell me 'pork pie' in English.

You obviously must have a very boring life that you need to send a response like that. I won't dignify your message with the response you are expecting, as the highlight of your day is probably dragging yourself out of the bed at noon, scratching your scrotum and waiting to collect your JSA. Thereafter you probably go to you local pub at Manor Top to spend taxpayer's hard earned money. I can also see that the British education system obviously failed you, which is a shame. Someone who's turning down a free offer of education is either to dumb to learn, or simply a waste of space. By the way, "Pork Pie" in German is "Schweinefleischpastete", which you could have found in a dictionary (a big book, where you can find translated terms, words and phrases). Now you probably learned more in one day than in the last 10 years. I hope it won't overstrain your intelligence. Oh sorry, a book is a collection of pages. Just in case you never seen one before...

You obviously must have a very boring life that you need to send a response like that. I won't dignify your message with the response you are expecting, as the highlight of your day is probably dragging yourself out of the bed at noon, scratching your scrotum and waiting to collect your JSA. Thereafter you probably go to you local pub at Manor Top to spend taxpayer's hard earned money. I can also see that the British education system obviously failed you, which is a shame. Someone who's turning down a free offer of education is either to dumb to learn, or simply a waste of space. By the way, "Pork Pie" in German is "Schweinefleischpastete", which you could have found in a dictionary (a big book, where you can find translated terms, words and phrases). Now you probably learned more in one day than in the last 10 years. I hope it won't overstrain your intelligence. Oh sorry, a book is a collection of pages. Just in case you never seen one before...

What's a Squirrel's tail?

OK, so you can teach culinary expertise over the internet (or by Skype.)

If you were teaching me to play the guitar, how would you use Skype to comment on [and correct] my fingering?

Which way does the exchange work? (You didn't make that bit very clear in your OP.)

Are you offering to teach German?

What's a Squirrel's tail?

OK, so you can teach culinary expertise over the internet (or by Skype.)

If you were teaching me to play the guitar, how would you use Skype to comment on [and correct] my fingering?

Which way does the exchange work? (You didn't make that bit very clear in your OP.)

Are you offering to teach German?

As I obviously can't find any intelligent life forms on here, I will quit this forum. The average IQ seems to be around 7 (I think Marmite has got 19). 2 replies and both as dumb as each other. Ich würde Euch schwanzlosen Gehopsen empfehlen, mal etwas Bildung zu geniessen, da ihr es sehr nötig habt. Armes England, wenn solche Hirntoten wie ihr die Zukunft dieses Landes darstellt!!!

So this is how you react when confronted with challenges. Bear in mind that whether you are excellent at whatever skill you are wanting to exchange in, it doesn't mean that you're a good teacher. With a reaction like that then I'm sure whoever is swapping skills with you will feel like they're getting a bad deal sooner or later.

Also, you were asked for pork pie in English and you gave it in German. How can you expect to learn the guitar when you cannot follow a simple instruction? :)

A quirrel's tail is Eichhörnchenschwänzchen, and I warmly congratulate any native English speaker who can pronounce this correctly.

Online guitar tuition is available and perfectly feasible for anyone with a reasonable concentration span.

The way this thread developed is, alas, a classic example of the British-German culture gap in action. The standard German response to British silliness is huffiness.

FYI: If you write "Euch" with an upper case initial (obsolete, by the way), you also need an upper case initial for "ihr", twice. And a translator should be able to reproduce the special character ß. Just saying.

Archived