Fireworks - who hates them?

I know its bonfire night tomorrow but do we have to have bangs going off before and after. I'm sick of hearing them already, used to love em as a kid, must be getting old or something. I feel for the poor pets at this time of year, poor things must wonder what's happening out there!:rant:

I wouldn't say I hate them but they do get tedious for the duration they're going off.. and yeah one of my poor mutts requires sedation for almost two weeks of the year due to them.

I think it's about time some sensible limits were applied.. ie. open use of fireworks are allowed upto midnight on the weekends prior/after and on the night of the 5th of November, and upto half past midnight on New Years Eve.

Anything else outside those times should require a paid for licence/permission from the local authority IMO.

I wouldn't say I hate them but they do get tedious for the duration they're going off.. and yeah one of my poor mutts requires sedation for almost two weeks of the year due to them.

I think it's about time some sensible limits were applied.. ie. open use of fireworks are allowed upto midnight on the weekends prior/after and on the night of the 5th of November, and upto half past midnight on New Years Eve.

Anything else outside those times should require a paid for licence/permission from the local authority IMO.

5th November only.

Displays at other times to celebrate specific events.

And go on, NYE.

And while we're on the subject it should be a criminal offence to start "the run-up to Christmas" until the Monday of the week following Nightfire Bon.

They definately should bring in some sort of firework law, saw some young lads the other week in the park looking mischievous. I think there should be a license enforced for them cos anyone over 16 can buy them and i bet most of them wont watching them at displays they will be blowing things up with them or scaring poor animals with them. As for penny for the guy, I give them exactly what they ask for 1p, well its what they asked for lol!

Definatly hate them, the bonfires as well. Due to there heating vent in the kitchen for the boiler having to be open, the kitchen stinks of smoke. Not good for those of us who have Asthma.

I feel sorry for the animals as well.

Archived