Should a 240v mixer work from a household socket??

The mixer was hard wired into a commercial kitchen and worked but having put a plug on a tried to turn on there is something there sort of humming put goes of when you let go of the push button? The cable has 4 wires. Can anyone help please?

The mixer was hard wired into a commercial kitchen and worked but having put a plug on a tried to turn on there is something there sort of humming put goes of when you let go of the push button? The cable has 4 wires. Can anyone help please?

It uses the same kind of electrickery as a Mag-lev train. Either that, or the cake mix has hardened.

sounds more like 3 phase to me !!! In which case it won't work

Wires are blue,black,brown and yellow/green looked on plate but it's a little faded but there is a number 3 on its own. So does this mean it will only work in a commercial kitchen hard wired in? Can I buy a adaptor? Thanks

You have 3 options.

1. Replace the motor with a single phase motor

2. Buy a convertor, they can cost hundreds, you might get lucky on ebay

3. Get rid

If you get an inverter you really need a professional to wire it, 3 phase, even through an inverter HURTS, that's if it does not kill you.

Wires are blue,black,brown and yellow/green looked on plate but it's a little faded but there is a number 3 on its own. So does this mean it will only work in a commercial kitchen hard wired in? Can I buy a adaptor? Thanks

With the colouring and the "3" it's almost 100% it's 3 phase.

As has been suggested, a splitter or single phase motor. Or scrap.

Archived