Best Coffee in town

Malti

Espresso is the same where ever you get it from.. nothing wrong with Starbucks or Costa people automatically presume because they are chains that the drink quality is not as good. This real coffee you speak of will only come from a good barista making it. But if it makes you feel better go to a 'real' coffee shop..the ingredients will be the same and the quality of the drink will really on the skill of the person making it, especially with cappuccinos but espressos will be r same.... all of this is in my opinion obviously and is not to be taken as stating fact

sorry espresso is "not" all the same you could not be further from the truth, it depends which blend of beans used wether its 100% arabica or 90/10 or 70/30 robusta,the roast, the coarseness of the grind, this can be affected just by the humidity, a good barista in an independant may change the grind 2 or three times a day, starbucks and costa do not and cannot as most are press button coffee machines now, espresso quality depends on how hard its tamped or pressed before its put into the machine, how long the water is forced through........sorry to go on:D you are right though about the milk for cappuccino......most chains cannot do it properly and poor milk steaming and frothing will ruin a good drink.................i feel like a coffee geek now:help:

You're coming for a holiday and your main concern is coffee.

Jeez, glad i'm not your travelling partner.

Harestone, no my main concern is not coffee, what's wrong in asking the locals for a general opinion? I simply asked because I love coming to Sheffield but in the numerous times I have been I found it hard to find a decent coffee to sip with my morning cigar while watching the world go by and my travelling partner is very happy to travel with me.

Jeez I'm Glad I'm not your partner if you categorize people on such a simple and harmless queries....

Quote:

Originally Posted by harestone

You're coming for a holiday and your main concern is coffee.

Jeez, glad i'm not your travelling partner.

Harestone, no my main concern is not coffee, what's wrong in asking the locals for a general opinion? I simply asked because I love coming to Sheffield but in the numerous times I have been I found it hard to find a decent coffee to sip with my morning cigar while watching the world go by and my travelling partner is very happy to travel with me.

Jeez I'm Glad I'm not your partner if you categorize people on such a simple and harmless queries....

Ignore him. Come to Sheffield. Go to Tamper. Be happy (& all that).

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

sorry espresso is "not" all the same you could not be further from the truth, it depends which blend of beans used wether its 100% arabica or 90/10 or 70/30 robusta,the roast, the coarseness of the grind, this can be affected just by the humidity, a good barista in an independant may change the grind 2 or three times a day, starbucks and costa do not and cannot as most are press button coffee machines now, espresso quality depends on how hard its tamped or pressed before its put into the machine, how long the water is forced through........sorry to go on:D you are right though about the milk for cappuccino......most chains cannot do it properly and poor milk steaming and frothing will ruin a good drink.................i feel like a coffee geek now:help:

Thanks for the info on espresso,

I heavily agree cappuccino can be really badly made !! To the point its just espresso shots and badly steamed milk, I don't get people that will accept a bad cappuccino because its just like drink in froth! I also don't get people that have wet cappuccinos

• 1 month later...

Tamper is probably the best coffee I have ever had and the staff are great too only one complaint when I ordered an oatmeal snack was soprised when they gave me the one on open display on the counter near where everyone pays not great hygiene thought they were just for display!

Archived