Fire works joke

To say we are supposed to be in the middle of a recession and so on i'm surprised at how much money people have to burn

Didn't you work in the benefits system for a while?

When you consider that many people get more benefits in work than what they would out of work, and how much money a single woman doing 18 hours a week @min wage pulls net, are you really surprised?

Many people live off rents and housing benefit keeps many a landlord in luxury. Then there are government contracts and the likes.

Didn't you work in the benefits system for a while?

When you consider that many people get more benefits in work than what they would out of work, and how much money a single woman doing 18 hours a week @min wage pulls net, are you really surprised?

Many people live off rents and housing benefit keeps many a landlord in luxury. Then there are government contracts and the likes.

I still work in benefits and I live in S5 and tonight has resembled living on the Gaza Strip. I don't live surrounded by your hated landlords but there are plenty around me letting off fireworks.

I still work in benefits and I live in S5 and tonight has resembled living on the Gaza Strip. I don't live surrounded by your hated landlords but there are plenty around me letting off fireworks.

Well if you live in S5 you just watched a load of tax credits and dla go up in smoke, and perhaps quite a few public sector salaries too.

To be fair though, the amount of fireworks nowadays is a lot lot less than it used to be.

Well if you live in S5 you just watched a load of tax credits and dla go up in smoke, and perhaps quite a few public sector salaries too.

To be fair though, the amount of fireworks nowadays is a lot lot less than it used to be.

I don't begrudge anyone doing it but i'm surprised at the amount people are spending on them. Some people must be spending a fair old whack on them, I doubt all of them are strictly kosher but even so. Its still a lot of money for basically nowt

I don't begrudge anyone doing it but i'm surprised at the amount people are spending on them. Some people must be spending a fair old whack on them, I doubt all of them are strictly kosher but even so. Its still a lot of money for basically nowt

Subjective dear fellow :mad:

Archived