Poor Abi. Are you sick of Barack Obama & Mitt Romney too?

Thank god the election will be over after today. But then I suppose we'll have to put up with the dissection and 'expert' analysis for weeks on end....YAWN!!!

Self induced boredom. Have you considered not tuning in at all. ?

Yup.

Same as not filling out the last census, something i omitted to do too, and the one before. :)

Me too! :thumbsup: ... strange how they know your name and address when they want money off you yet conveniently forget it when it comes to the 'senseless'. Never voted either ... at least I can say is I'm not to blame. So far as I know, I never signed a piece of paper when I was born, saying I abide by their rules ... in much the same way as they wouldn't agree to mine.

Doesnt make much sense to me but neither does the rubbish they always seem to publish in the Gruniad.

All little four year old Abigael has to do is pull up her diapers and toddle over to the TV set and switch to a channel that doesn't have a news program on it''s schedule.

It's like one or two posters on here who gripe and moan about too much exposure given to US elections. Why bother even posting on such a thread? Just ignore it. There are a zillion more threads that dont have anything to do with elections

All little four year old Abigael has to do is pull up her diapers and toddle over to the TV set and switch to a channel that doesn't have a news program on it''s schedule.

It's like one or two posters on here who gripe and moan about too much exposure given to US elections. Why bother even posting on such a thread? Just ignore it. There are a zillion more threads that dont have anything to do with elections

I think it's probably her parents who have it on, I agree with your last paragraph though;)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2012/nov/05/bronco-bama-mitt-romney-abigael-video

Quite frankly, I think she's right! I wonder, do the American take as much notice of our elections as we seem to in theirs?

Ask the average American who the British Prime minister is, and they would struggle to be able to tell you. If at all. I've seen it and heard it with my own eyes. But having said that, it was in Enid Oklahoma. Which is pretty removed from a lot of America.

There's not much interest generally in foreign elections here. People always seemed to know Tony Blair, but I bet I could go into my local bar and ask them the name of your Prime Minister and almost nobody would know. Some of them might know Wayne Rooney though.:)

Believe me, we were once on holiday in Florida when our elections were on here.No one knew, and it had zero news coverage.
That's because nobody cared. The US is made up of every country on earth. None of them get special treatment any more. None of you can change our votes, nor can we change yours.

Archived