Poor Abi. Are you sick of Barack Obama & Mitt Romney too?

But not much interest there in other countries generally.

I read that:

a. in the UK, 80% of British Subjects have passports; whilst

b. in the USA, only 20% of citizens do,

The most obvious reason to me is that there is so much to see in America without venturing outside. It used to be possible to visit Canada and Mexico without a passport but that changed with George Bush. All the same, going to Europe means hours of messing around with Airport Security, crammed into coach, to go where it's much more expensive than at home, and not very friendly these days. My wife and I always take time to visit grandchidren in Western Florida as well as cousins in the East. We take it leisurely, taking three days to cover 1300 miles each way, with gasoline around $3.50 a gallon, and a decent motel room about $60 to $80 a night for 2 nights its the best way.

I'm not even registered to vote here in the UK ...........

You do know that's illegal?

No. It isn't.

There is no law that requires an individual to be registered to vote.

There are laws that require a householder to return a correctly completed Annual Canvas Form for the Register of Electors.

There is a difference.

Doesnt make much sense to me but neither does the rubbish they always seem to publish in the Gruniad.

All little four year old Abigael has to do is pull up her diapers and toddle over to the TV set and switch to a channel that doesn't have a news program on it''s schedule.

It's like one or two posters on here who gripe and moan about too much exposure given to US elections. Why bother even posting on such a thread? Just ignore it. There are a zillion more threads that dont have anything to do with elections

This theme runs through SF all the time. Everybody hates McDonald's but eats it. They don't like the way Americans talk or their TV shows, but they watch them. Don't they have remotes? I do and use it a lot when I can't find one of over 150 channels fit to watch. I watched the final hours of the election for my education update in Americana, which happens every four years, and is great fun, better than any football game.

Archived