Digital camera advice

my little girl (9yrs) is wanting a digital camera for christmas, she as wanted one for years now, i got her a fisher price one years ago for her first and she loved it, however she's now older and wants a good one, only trouble is im not that good with things like this and was wondering if anyone could advise me, also not to massively expensive either, we're not made of money and have never gone over board and spoilt the kids, so we're not starting now.

my little girl (9yrs) is wanting a digital camera for christmas, she as wanted one for years now, i got her a fisher price one years ago for her first and she loved it, however she's now older and wants a good one, only trouble is im not that good with things like this and was wondering if anyone could advise me, also not to massively expensive either, we're not made of money and have never gone over board and spoilt the kids, so we're not starting now.

If on a budget but wanting to buy a proper camera, I think something like this would be ideal.

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/categories/products/nikon/coolpix-l26-digital-camera-in-black-84072/show.html

But there are plenty of point n click compact digital cameras in the £50-£100 price range.

Archived