Hen night - best place to go

squidge00

Help! I need some ideas for my hen night. My stag is going to Tallin and his best mate has come up with some great ideas about where they are going to stay etc..

However, my chief bridesmaid is quite skint (unlike the best man) and is therefore less inclined to suggest going abroad anywhere. I want to have as much fun as the boys though!

I had initially suggested a quad-biking girly weekend in Wales out of respect for my skint bridesmaid...however, the other girlies are not too chuffed so i have been looking into Amsterdam and Dublin as a possibility.

Anyone got any suggestions?

If we get our flights from Doncaster, we can get them quite cheap and i think that if we book accommodation far enough in advance, we won't do too badly with that either.

Has anyone been to Dublin or Amsterdam for a hen weekend and if so, what was it like?

Have you got any other ideas of places to go to for a reasonable price?

Hi there

Congrats on your impending wedding!!

Me and my husband went to Cork as part of our Honeymoon in September last year and it is the most amazing place. All the pubs and shops are on 3 main streets with loads of little alleys running inbetween with little cafe's and quirky gift shops. The food and beer is very reasonable and you don't have to go miles out of your way to get from one pub to another.

The flight from here to Cork takes about an hour though you may struggle to get a flight from Doncaster to Cork. We had to fly from Birmingham.

You streets on the outskirts of Cork are lined with B&B's so you should be able to find a bargain or two.

Have a look on http://www.tripadvisor.com for some recommendations.

Anyway, good luck and I hope you have a fab time!:clap: :clap: :clap:

The last couple of times I went to Amsterdam I had to spend of bit of time hunting around for a decent cheap hotel, so definitely don't leave that too late (especially if there's a group of you). Shouldn't be a big problem, but if you're going at a busy time don't just turn up without anywhere planned to stay :) Unless you plan on just partying 24/7 all weekend!

My mum and future mother in law might be joining us so although they are both young at heart, partying all night is not necessarily on the menu, although it might be for one of the nights!

I am hoping to get an apartment rather than staying in a guest house. One of the first searches i did for amsterdam apartments came up with a place called the Naughty monk which is a group of apartments in the red light district - have you got any advise on staying in this area.. i am up for a laugh and very open minded but don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable...

Also, i am slightly concerned by other peoples comments about the expense of Dublin - any suggestions on this points?

I really enjoyed Amsterdam when i was there, but it is very expensive (think london prices!).

Its a fantastic city, really lively and lots to do, i just wish i could have afforded to stay longer.

I'd recommend looking into going to prague - you should be able to get pretty cheap flights (bmi baby flights from birmingham from £20) and the cost of living over there is practically nothing. And its a fantastic place!

Have a good 'un where ever you go,

b

We went to Dublin last February for a hen party. It was absolutely fantastic, the people are fab but the drinking is very expensive! We were going through our cash like water (it cost something like nearly 3 Euros for a half of lager) so we ended up taking our own vodka out with us and just buying coke. Saved a fortune, although I did feel a bit like a nana down at the club, sneaking it out of our handbags!

Hope you have a fab time wherever you go :)

Damn you, I want to go back to Dublin now!

I went on the best hen weekend in london. We had a good old drink in the hotel bar first before we went anywhere on the first night and had a few games. the best one you have to do. get friends of the hen to compile a list of questions for the groom to be. ask him the questions and get the questions and his replies on tape. take tape and tape player to hen night and play mr and mrs with the bride to be. if she gets say 12 out of 15 right then she can nominate someone to drink a cocktail of her choice otherwise the friends choose cocktail for her to drink. is very funny. get some class questions like whats her fave postion. who would she swap him for. who does he admire and so on. we had best laugh with this.

Archived