Children and gardening

Originally posted by Titian

It helps to start young though and develop patience in the young ones. I grow with 3-7 year olds.

Yes that's true, but I found when my children were younger they liked to actually watch things growing daily, if it was something that was buried underground and took a long time to grow then they would lose interest.

hi

my product is going to be some kind of container to allow easy growing of a small selection of plants. i am designing it especially for children to use so will need to appeal to them. also thinking of having an inbuilt watering and maybe other monitoring systems so it can look after itself if need be as school holidays and lack of time may be a problem.

any comments on this are much appreciated!

Surely part of growing things is the "looking after them" can't the containers be small enough to be taken home in the holidays?

We used to take it in turns to take the school pets home, a container of radishes or salad leaves are much easier to look after than the class gerbil!

Archived