Can i still claim PPI if i knew i had it

Can you give us more details to why you think PPI was mis-sold to you ?

i think i was miss sold as i realy did not know i was sold it, this is on my car that iv had over 5years and the loan/ finance was for around £10,000

im useles with things like this

i think i was miss sold as i realy did not know i was sold it, this is on my car that iv had over 5years and the loan/ finance was for around £10,000

im useles with things like this

You said in your original post that the bank said you knew you had it. What grounds do they have to make this statement? In some cases it will be obvious to the customer, e.g. a credit card where the payment appears on your statement every month.

Another question - was the amount of the PPI added to the amount of the loan, meaning you were charged interest on the PPI (known as single premium)? If so this may be grounds for complaint.

As others have said, simply having PPI is not grounds for a complaint - there has to be something about the way it was sold that was wrong for your complaint to be upheld.

You said in your original post that the bank said you knew you had it. What grounds do they have to make this statement? In some cases it will be obvious to the customer, e.g. a credit card where the payment appears on your statement every month.

Another question - was the amount of the PPI added to the amount of the loan, meaning you were charged interest on the PPI (known as single premium)? If so this may be grounds for complaint.

As others have said, simply having PPI is not grounds for a complaint - there has to be something about the way it was sold that was wrong for your complaint to be upheld.

I thought because it was deliberately missold in so many cases the burden of proof was on the banks ?

I have but certainly don't recall asking for it. I'm waiting a decision.

I thought because it was deliberately missold in so many cases the burden of proof was on the banks ?

Yes, more or less. The fact that the bank have rejected this claim suggests they have found evidence in their files that the PPI was sold properly. Bazzad needs to work out why they think his PPI was sold correctly, so that he can challenge whatever reason they've given, if appropriate.

Another question bazzad - did the bank send you a "Final Response" letter? You will know if this is the case as it would have included a leaflet about the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Archived