People who don't have insurance

can i please say eckolad ! not once in the add i did for a friends daughter after her house was on fire did i say she had no insurance it was stated in there the kids have no clothes toys etc and i am trying to help her out , the fire was at the weekend , u tell me what insurance pays out that fast , and another u slagging people off on my post for been on a housing estate and not working , well i live on a housing estate i have 3 kids soon to be 4 me and my partner ( by gosh she lives on a housing estate and has a partner ) both work full time , rely on no one for help with rent council tax etc .... i see ur on here all day which kind of says to me that u dont work however !!!!!! you really should get on with your life if u have no sympathy just stay out of it instead of making someone who is obviously having a really hard time worse

Something

Eckolad was politely asked and agreed, he's moved his thoughts and comments into a separate thread.

Please don't fetch your arguments to this one, all you'll suceed in doing is getting two thread removed and that will help no-one.

Eckolad was politely asked and agreed, he's moved his thoughts and comments into a separate thread.

Please don't fetch your arguments to this one, all you'll suceed in doing is getting two thread removed and that will help no-one.

He hasn't though has he? Have a check.

*Edit - although his posts there have now been removed.

I'm afraid that anybody who believes that you can insure £50,000 worth of contents cover if you live on a council or housing association housing estate for £10 a month has clearly not tried to do it.

I'm not claiming that it's right not to have insurance (I have both buildings and contents insurance) but I do know that living on a small income can make anybody make choices that they wouldn't otherwise choose to take, such as choosing between food and heating, between school clothes or council tax or between insurance and lighting, and in that position there is no such thing as a right answer.

When you have walked a mile in someone else's shoes then you may be entitled to criticise- I've been broke enough to wonder how long I can manage without electricity and heating for. Thankfully it was an acute situation that I knew was going to resolve in less than 3 months, so I didn't have to take hard decisions about which essential payments I was going to cancel. Another few months on from that and the situation could have been entirely different.

I also know several people who choose not to have home insurance and instead just pay for whatever is needed for their home. That's not illegal either, and they take full responsibility for their actions.

Not having insurance is not always about not planning or not caring about what may happen in certain situations.

Archived