Will Italian holidays be safe next year?

Or will it be a dangerous place to be as the country slides ever closer to the edge of the precipice. I was thinking about trying Rimini as I can get free board there. Has anyone been ? What's it like?:)

I knew that Italy was having serious problems, but wasn't aware of exactly how serious they are until talking to an Italian nurse who is working in an English hospital and hoping to earn enough to get a place here and get her child and parents out. She says that corruption is rife and sees no future there for her and her family.

I knew that Italy was having serious problems, but wasn't aware of exactly how serious they are until talking to an Italian nurse who is working in an English hospital and hoping to earn enough to get a place here and get her child and parents out. She says that corruption is rife and sees no future there for her and her family.

Corruption has always been rife in Italy. It's no less safe than it was 20 or 30 years ago.

It will be as safe as it always is. Just don't buy things from a man off the street and keep your hands in your pockets in busy/tourist areas.

One can get arrested in England for adhering to the latter part of your advice.:cool::cool:

• 2 months later...
Hey AWOL. Personally I never had trouble with Italy and I am sure you can safely enjoy a stay in Rimini. It is a coastal town with a pretty good night life. Have you thought about accommodation yet? Otherwise this place has some nice holiday apartments in italy. Might be worth a look.;)

Awol stated in his OP that he gets free board there

Archived