The Abu Hamza deportation thread

No, the human rights of one British passport holder are exactly the same as the human rights of all British passport holders. Whether he should have been given one in the first place is moot.

And there in lies the problem. he only came to the UK to suck up benefits anyway.

He was born Egyptian and he has bitten the hand that fed and protected him. He doesn't deserve our protection or legal support.

Blindly supporting the law doesn't make it right does it?

Don't forget that the laws of this country are always able to be repealed or amended, and this is just the sort of case that proves beyond all doubt that this one should be.

Why? He has lived in the UK with a British passport for more than 30 years and has so far as I am aware no ties with Egypt at all since leaving there :huh:

It is precisely politically charged cases like this why we have a separation of powers between the legislative, and judiciary. Those wanting to remove those protections should look back at our history and our constitutional settlement that has inspired so much of the rest of the world to replicate our practices, even though they more properly date back to Greek and Roman times. Arguments against the protection of individuals against an oppressive state through a constitutional separation of powers is not just a medieval argument it goes back to ancient history in the Europe!

The Home Secretary does have the power to intervene and perhaps should have done to rid this country of the toe-rag.

If this had happened under Labour all the mouth-foamers would have been saying 'typical of soft -touch Britain and all the lefty do-gooders etc,etc' notice that the ConDem Govt. seems to be getting off quite lightly!

And there in lies the problem. he only came to the UK to suck up benefits anyway.

He was born Egyptian and he has bitten the hand that fed and protected him. He doesn't deserve our protection or legal support.

He came here to study as a civil engineer and then took a job as a bouncer for an adult club.

You may not like him, but at least get your facts straight.

The Home Secretary does have the power to intervene and perhaps should have done to rid this country of the toe-rag.

If this had happened under Labour all the mouth-foamers would have been saying 'typical of soft -touch Britain and all the lefty do-gooders etc,etc' notice that the ConDem Govt. seems to be getting off quite lightly!

I don't understand what you're suggesting as this isn't a decision made by the government.

Why? He has lived in the UK with a British passport for more than 30 years and has so far as I am aware no ties with Egypt at all since leaving there :huh:

It is precisely politically charged cases like this why we have a separation of powers between the legislative, and judiciary. Those wanting to remove those protections should look back at our history and our constitutional settlement that has inspired so much of the rest of the world to replicate our practices, even though they more properly date back to Greek and Roman times. Arguments against the protection of individuals against an oppressive state through a constitutional separation of powers is not just a medieval argument it goes back to ancient history in the Europe!

"Killing of the kafir for any reason you can say it is OK, even if there is no reason for it." He called on his followers to poison, ambush and kill non-believers and added: "You must have a stand with your heart, with your tongue, with your money, with your hand, with your sword, with your Kalashnikov. Don't ask shall I do this, just do it."

"Make sure that the person who gave him the licence for that wine shop doesn't exist any more on the Earth. Finish him up. Give him dawa. If he doesn't respect dawa, kill him."

For people that say such things, 30 years of living in our liberal and tolerant country has obviously meant nothing to them, so why should his 30 year term of residency here count for anything?

I don't understand what you're suggesting as this isn't a decision made by the government.

I realise that but our resident mouth-foamers would throw mud at the Lab Govt. for anything. They would have had a field day with this.

It was the then Lab Govt. who wanted him to be extradited to the States.

I realise that but our resident mouth-foamers would throw mud at the Lab Govt. for anything. They would have had a field day with this.

It was the then Lab Govt. who wanted him to be extradited to the States.

This isn't a party political issue. The decision to extradite him and the decision to strip him of citizenship were both made by the former guvernment and supported by the current government.

Archived