The Abu Hamza deportation thread

You are wasting your time Conrod, Wildcat is the perenial forum do-gooder who thinks everything is done by the book and the law is right no matter what. I'm sure if a terrorist bomb blew his legs off he'd be quite happy to wheel himself to the computer to carry on defending the fact that they didn't mean to hurt him and have a right to express themselves :loopy:
Good point, though he, or other do-gooders like him at least, also criticise the law when it does not work in favour of their cherished terrorists and minorities, such as when they are to be deported.

You are wasting your time Conrod, Wildcat is the perenial forum do-gooder who thinks everything is done by the book and the law is right no matter what. I'm sure if a terrorist bomb blew his legs off he'd be quite happy to wheel himself to the computer to carry on defending the fact that they didn't mean to hurt him and have a right to express themselves :loopy:

Instead of attacking a poster why not attack the post?

He was refused an Egyptian passport in 1982 because he dodged the draft, that is a clear de facto denial of citizenship dating back nearly 30 years.

Re your first point the fact he got British Citizenship without first notifying the Egyptian authorities is further reason to support the fact he has no egyptian citizenship because the punishment for doing that is to revoke their citizenship.

Is 1988 before or after 1982?

I think it's after 1982.

If it is after 1982 then your argument is nonsence because on 8 June 1988 he was officially gazetted as having dual nationality. Even his defence team accepted this.

Remind me if I ever get charged with anything not to hire you as a defence attorney.

There are only two sentences, in the first I support the law being followed, in the second I support criminals. :huh:

Is 1988 before or after 1982?

I think it's after 1982.

If it is after 1982 then your argument is nonsence because on 8 June 1988 he was officially gazetted as having dual nationality. Even his defence team accepted this.

Remind me if I ever get charged with anything not to hire you as a defence attorney.

Yes, but since doing so was contrary to Egyptian nationality rules, it makes very little difference. Mistakes made in the gazette don't have to be corrected there.

Yes, but since doing so was contrary to Egyptian nationality rules, it makes very little difference. Mistakes made in the gazette don't have to be corrected there.

Yes, they do.

Egyptian dual nationality laws are there for a reason, one I hope you understand.

Do you understand why they are the way they are?

He was refused an Egyptian passport in 1982 because he dodged the draft, that is a clear de facto denial of citizenship dating back nearly 30 years.

Re your first point the fact he got British Citizenship without first notifying the Egyptian authorities is further reason to support the fact he has no egyptian citizenship because the punishment for doing that is to revoke their citizenship.

Did you miss this bit,

The Home Office argued that there was no documentation to prove he was no longer an Egyptian national and though he was once denied an Egyptian passport, he was later allowed one.

Archived