The Abu Hamza deportation thread

Depends on the angle and your interest in EU, UK and US law. Alternatively if the hatred of one man is so overwhelming that those laws should be overlooked anyway, in favour of him getting a right carve-up, then the question is moot. The bias legal system is a concern though.

Is it good news that he's going to be even further away than he is now?..really doesn't matter to me. If it did why would I wish him on anyone else.

If it is possible to post through gritted teeth, the above is a prime example...:hihi:

Ah, you mean an apologist is someone who disagrees with you or doesn't play the "can I be all frothy at the mouth too" game?

No. In my mind an apologist would be someone who can always find reason for people behaving in despicable ways. In what way was I being all frothy?

Depends on the angle and your interest in EU, UK and US law. Alternatively if the hatred of one man is so overwhelming that those laws should be overlooked anyway, in favour of him getting a right carve-up, then the question is moot. The bias legal system is a concern though.

I take it your interest in legal matters is minimal, as EU law has no bearing on this case.

Glad Hamza will be slinging his hook, but there is still something thoroughly dissatisfactory that this had to be decided for us by a foreign court in Strasbourg. Why we still continue to play subordinate to the European Court and allow them to decide who we can and can't have in our own country is beyond comprehension. The sooner we reject the European Convention on Human Rights, the better.

Glad Hamza will be slinging his hook, but there is still something thoroughly dissatisfactory that this had to be decided for us by a foreign court in Strasbourg. Why we still continue to play subordinate to the European Court and allow them to decide who we can and can't have in our own country is beyond comprehension. The sooner we reject the European Convention on Human Rights, the better.

We don't need to reject the convention, it's perfectly reasonable if applied consistent with the text of the convention. We need to reject the European court of human rights as the arbiter of the convention. We have the human rights act in British law now, no need at all to have the ECHR for Britain, the supreme court can make the judgements, and the ECHR would be far better focusing on their backlog of over 60,000 cases many of which are from well known human rights fans subject to the court like Turkey, Russia and Serbia.

If you have a question about moderation take it to the helpdesk.

Can you make it clear where you are enforcing moderation please ? here is the quote from Mj Scuba above your post ..

Where did that post ask for your judgement Mort ??

Archived