The Abu Hamza deportation thread

I do hope he won't face [...] long term solitary confinement.

I think that is the destiny of them all apart from Hamza.

ADX Florence supermax prison: the Alcatraz of the Rockies

The 7ft by 12ft cells that Babar Ahmad, Syed Talha Ahsan, Adel Abdel Bary and Khaled al-Fawwaz would occupy
– Abu Hamza would not be held in a supermax facility because of his disabilities –
is like a modernist nightmare. The walls and ceiling of the cell and all its contents – bed, shower, toilet – are made entirely of poured concrete. Food would be handed to them through a slot in the steel door.

I think that is the destiny of them all apart from Hamza.

ADX Florence supermax prison: the Alcatraz of the Rockies

The 7ft by 12ft cells that Babar Ahmad, Syed Talha Ahsan, Adel Abdel Bary and Khaled al-Fawwaz would occupy
– Abu Hamza would not be held in a supermax facility because of his disabilities –
is like a modernist nightmare. The walls and ceiling of the cell and all its contents – bed, shower, toilet – are made entirely of poured concrete. Food would be handed to them through a slot in the steel door.

I was listening to a documentary about the Angola three on R4 the other night. Two of them have served around 40 years in solitary. Utterly inhumane. Dreadful.

I was listening to a documentary about the Angola three on R4 the other night. Two of them have served around 40 years in solitary. Utterly inhumane. Dreadful.
Do you think murderers and people like Hamza deserve better?

Do you think murderers and people like Hamza deserve better?

It's surely more about us being humane, and treating them humanely, despite their inhumanity, isn't it? Not stooping to their levels of depravity or evil.

Oh, so and so in Such-a-stan did this... Ah, so that makes it okay for us to wade into Such-a-stan and do ~~~ to them, then?

I wonder whether so much of the hatred shown towards this gentleman is just a result of the media's portrayal of him- always looking like a pantomime villain with his hook in the picture. Poor guy hasnt actually killed anybody (well he might have done as a soldier in the Bosnian war but thats allowed) but he's treated with more contempt than a paedophile child killer.

Cut him some slack.

He may (or may not) have committed any atrocities or killings himself, but as I understand it, he has been found guilty of inciting others to do so, which is as bad as doing it himself.

Such acts cannot and should not be tolerated, whether such evil comes from someone on the Islamic side or the National-front-type side.

It's surely more about us being humane, and treating them humanely, despite their inhumanity, isn't it? Not stooping to their levels of depravity or evil.

Oh, so and so in Such-a-stan did this... Ah, so that makes it okay for us to wade into Such-a-stan and do ~~~ to them, then?

I'm not concerned with such niceties, as far as I'm concerned he's a threat to the lives of innocent Britons, most likely responsible for the death of innocent Britons, so either strung up or kept in a hole and fed dung is fine by me.

If such methods are 'inhumane', what would you have done with him?

He may (or may not) have committed any atrocities or killings himself, but as I understand it, he has been found guilty of inciting others to do so, which is as bad as doing it himself.

It's not really though- is it?

Archived