What are you watching on TV,anything worth watching lately?

janie48

We've been enjoying the second series of The Musketeers. Recording Wolf Hall and will watch first episode tonight. I loved the books.

I think I will try the books first Taxman thanks for that :)

Shame they aren't included in amazon prime lending library :P

I think I will try the books first Taxman thanks for that :)

Shame they aren't included in amazon prime lending library :P

The first episode was great.

The books are brilliant. Don't be put off by the size of them.

Another thing that put some people off is the writing style. It's not linear and it uses present tense narrative that some readers have described as "exhausting".

Once I gort my head around the narrative I zipped through both books. Others I know struggled and gave up.

I've started watching The Leftovers but 2 episodes in I'm wondering if it's worth it? I'm still slightly confused as to what is going on, I don't really feel like anything is being explained and the episodes seem really long?! Is it worth perservering with?

Stick with it. It will remain confusing but it's worth it.

My female viewing partner thought it was worth watching it for Justin Theroux in jogging bottoms! Cripes!

I've been binge watching 'The Blacklist' - love James Spader - and, as I've been slowly removing the stick in my ass about all things Holmes, I've been catching up with 'Elementary'.

I think I might just prefer Jonny Lee Miller's Sherlock to Cummberbatch's (it's more damaged and nuanced and less Tumblr fangirl-friendly). The show itself has the advantage of being decidedly less smug than its BBC equivalent, as well as having intriguing stories which dip gently into the canon rather than plundering it for knowing puns and self-indulgent twists.

I've been binge watching 'The Blacklist' - love James Spader - and, as I've been slowly removing the stick in my ass about all things Holmes, I've been catching up with 'Elementary'.

I think I might just prefer Jonny Lee Miller's Sherlock to Cummberbatch's (it's more damaged and nuanced and less Tumblr fangirl-friendly). The show itself has the advantage of being decidedly less smug than its BBC equivalent, as well as having intriguing stories which dip gently into the canon rather than plundering it for knowing puns and self-indulgent twists.

Totally agree - johnny lee Miller has the ex heroin addict about him that cummberbatch, as much as I rate him doesn't have. He does spoil it from time to time and he starts to turn in to harry hill if he gets over excited. Lucy lui needs a new stylist - she looks like she gets dressed in the dark.

<<spoiler>> I rather like Holmes new charge, adds another interesting layer.