What are you watching on TV,anything worth watching lately?

janie48

• 2 months later...

Here's something to look forward to: Midwinter Of the Spirit, a three-parter starting on Wednesday September 23rd at 9pm on ITV.

It's a spooky tale of ghosts and exorcists, with a bit of satanic murder thrown in for good measure. Adapted by Stephen Volk (who wrote Ghostwatch) from the Phil Rickman novel (one of my favourites), and starring Anna Maxwell-Martin and David Threlfall, it should be well worth a watch.

There's been a bit of grumbling about some of the casting choices and, of course, a fair bit of the novel's plot is likely to have been shuffled and snipped, but my fingers are crossed that it lives up to my expectations.

Here's something to look forward to: Midwinter Of the Spirit, a three-parter starting on Wednesday September 23rd at 9pm on ITV.

It's a spooky tale of ghosts and exorcists, with a bit of satanic murder thrown in for good measure. Adapted by Stephen Volk (who wrote Ghostwatch) from the Phil Rickman novel (one of my favourites), and starring Anna Maxwell-Martin and David Threlfall, it should be well worth a watch.

There's been a bit of grumbling about some of the casting choices and, of course, a fair bit of the novel's plot is likely to have been shuffled and snipped, but my fingers are crossed that it lives up to my expectations.

Going to record this. Enjoyed the first few Merrily Watkins books.

Going to record this. Enjoyed the first few Merrily Watkins books.

Here's a

. Merrily looks just as I imagined her (ETA: actually, looking again, she should have much darker hair), and Huw is a pretty good approximation. Others, not so much. I'm trying not to hold on too hard to the book's details (Rowenna and Moon have apparently been merged into one character, for example). I'm glad that Rickman's work is finally receiving some attention.

Finished true detective series 2. Almost brilliant. Beautifully shot, good story let down by the miscasting of Vince Vaughan. He's not a bad actor, I quite like him but I was constantly reminded of the villan he played in starsky and hutch. Rachel mcadams was fantastic.

Oh and castle is back on. Guilty pleasures!

Anyone with Netflix should probably check out the new series 'Narcos'. It's about Pablo Escobar's Columbian drugs cartel and the US war on drugs and it's brilliant. Already added it to my must-buy list of TV boxsets.

And if you want something lighter and funnier then I recommended 'Top Coppers' on BBC3, a great spoof of 70s/80s US cop shows.

Edited by Funky_Gibbon

Im convinced that for the past 3/4 years, the head of comedy at BBC has been a chimpanzee.

However, Cradle to Grave on BBC 2 is the best thing they've produced in years.

Well written, very funny, amazing cast and retro stylish. Catch up on iPlayer if you haven't seen it.