Anyone agree this is terrible customer service?

or am I being unreasonable?

I ordered something on line and decided it really should have got here by now so I checked the tracking info yesterday. It was delivered and signed for by me at my home address on Monday morning at 9:14 (when I was at work 60 miles away).:suspect:

I thoroughly checked my bins and it was not in any of them-thats where packages often end up although I think that is stupid!

I emailed customer "service" who were delighted to tell me that indeed the package was delivered and signed for by me on monday morning. "look heres your signature" they said (paraphrasing). Apparently I have changed my name to LAR.

They have suggested I ask around in my neighbourhoods (not paraphrasing) to see if anyone has my package. Is it me or is that not my job? I have already dug around in my bins and have had enough of looking for a package that may well have been taken by the binmen on monday. Also we live at the end of a circular cul de sac so we have about 20 near neighbours.

Is it me or is someone signing under my name fraud? surely it isn't legal.

Rant over. Repeat customer lost!!! Refund required whether or not the stupid package gets found.

As far as I can see the delivery company are in the wrong..they should have delivered it to your house and got your signature...otherwise they should have put a card through your door and taken it back to their depot and maybe tried to deliver again...on the other hand if someone was hanging around your house and fraudulently signed for it then how would the driver know..?

I hate delivery companies-they have no logic. I had something "delivered" once that I eventually found stuffed down the side of the rabbit hutch. It was broken. Probably rain damage. Its probably an improvement on a bin though!

If it was my company it would be. "I am very sorry, there has clearly been a mistake I will send another out immediately-sorry for the inconvenience".

Not "please spend your time looking for the parcel we have no proof we delivered that may well have been robbed anyway. If you can't find it we will investigate."

I don't think you're being unreasonable at all.

At the end of the day, you didn't sign for it, so in my book you havn't received it. Plain and simple. Not unless you've taken to signing your name as "LAR"...whatever that means!

The question now I suppose, is how did you pay for it? If the supplier doesn't play ball, can you get your money back by other means (ie credit card, paypal..etc)?

I hate delivery companies-they have no logic. I had something "delivered" once that I eventually found stuffed down the side of the rabbit hutch. It was broken. Probably rain damage. Its probably an improvement on a bin though!

It's difficult..I try to have stuff delivered to work these days..even if I'm not here there is usually someone who is and will sign for it..I do have a bit of sympathy for the drivers though..must be a royal pain to have to deilver "signed for" parcels and there's no-one at home..your's may be just one of many..

My girlfriend ordered a coat once, and had it delivered to her work. It never turned up, and the tracking said it had been signed for - which was just a mess and didn't have any discernable name to it.

Two things either happened; someone from the delivery company took it, or someone turned up and my gf's work and couldn't be bothered to even ask for the person it was addressed to. We fought it though, and she got her money back. I would advise you to do the same.

It's difficult..I try to have stuff delivered to work these days..even if I'm not here there is usually someone who is and will sign for it..

yeah I tried that, they forged the signature of the porter because he wasn't there so it still took me phoning around and looking around to find it. That signature was just some random lines:loopy:

edit: actually it was the signature of a porter that had been on nights! that the delivery guy knew the name of-oops

It's difficult..I try to have stuff delivered to work these days..even if I'm not here there is usually someone who is and will sign for it..I do have a bit of sympathy for the drivers though..must be a royal pain to have to deilver "signed for" parcels and there's no-one at home..your's may be just one of many..

I recently ordered a mobile phone. I asked the network (orange) if I could have it delivered to my works, as obviously during the day, that's where I am. But they insisted it had to be delivered to my home address. Madness :loopy:

I don't think you're being unreasonable at all.

At the end of the day, you didn't sign for it, so in my book you havn't received it. Plain and simple. Not unless you've taken to signing your name as "LAR"...whatever that means!

The question now I suppose, is how did you pay for it? If the supplier doesn't play ball, can you get your money back by other means (ie credit card, paypal..etc)?

I don't think they have a chance. They have no signature so they have no proof it was delivered. I am just peed off and truly wonder whether I am being unreasonable. I just don't think I should have to go door to door asking people for a phantom parcel. They should have told me where they put it. It was under £100 so I couldn't claim it back and I wouldn't touch paypal with a big fat barge pole as they are less than useless unless you are buying something from ebay.

Archived