Anyone agree this is terrible customer service?

yeah I tried that, they forged the signature of the porter because he wasn't there so it still took me phoning around and looking around to find it. That signature was just some random lines:loopy:

Ok, we're only a small compnay so I don't have that problem..

It's difficult..I try to have stuff delivered to work these days..even if I'm not here there is usually someone who is and will sign for it..I do have a bit of sympathy for the drivers though..must be a royal pain to have to deilver "signed for" parcels and there's no-one at home..your's may be just one of many..

but that is their job!

My bro ordered something the other day and was in when the failed delivery occurred. The guy just came and posted the card and drove off. He saw the guy but is in shared flats so didn't know it was for him until he went and got it. He phoned the company and eventually they made the guy come back the same day.:huh:

i arranged to have a parcel delivered to my work this week. i've just had an e-mail from the seller saying that city link can't find the address even though they call here regularly. i can see myself going to the depot to collect it. it's not the first time i've had problems with this courier.

We once had £600 worth of software left in our bin on bin day by a delivery company that insisted they had my ex-husband's signature for delivery on.

He was very unlikely to have signed for the delivery, partly because I saw the signature that they had got and not only had they spelled the name incorrectly but my ex-hubby also didn't sign with his last name, he signed with his first name, and partly because at the time of the delivery he was in Bosnia at work.

The delivery company, to their credit, put their hands up immediately that the **** up had been their fault (they were paid to hand it to a person, not leave it hanging around where it could be nicked or taken away by a bin truck) and as a result another parcel was sent and arrived with a bunch of flowers from the delivery company. It also turned out that the driver had done this with dozens of customers and he was sacked.

Sadly, most delivery companies don't have the same scruples and will just deny everything.

Complain, talk to your credit card people, complain again.

Could LAR be "Left At Rear" ?

I once had something to be delivered that tracking said I wasn't in....I knew I was and had been waiting in for it. It turned out that yes the courier had been but......I live in a block of flats with no designated parking area.So, he didn't even try to deliver. After phone calls and suggestions, he phoned me on his mobile and I had to go down and meet him to take it off him. I've never ordered from them since.

Could LAR be "Left At Rear" ?

I once had something to be delivered that tracking said I wasn't in....I knew I was and had been waiting in for it. It turned out that yes the courier had been but......I live in a block of flats with no designated parking area.So, he didn't even try to deliver. After phone calls and suggestions, he phoned me on his mobile and I had to go down and meet him to take it off him. I've never ordered from them since.

Thats the courier fault and not the company you order from:huh:

If they leave it with a neighbour they should put a card through your letter box to let you know where they have left it. Me and my next door neighbour are always taking in each others parcels or deliveries and the drivers always put a card through the letter box

Archived