Can anyone recommend a good Thai restaurant?

minky

Was considering going to Leeds on Saturday night for a Thai meal, but thought I might have a look locally just in case there's one on my doorstep that I missed!

anyone got any suggestions?

cheers

Laura

Don't go up to Leeds for a Thai meal, we;ve got some good places here in Sheffield.

Baan Thai is a really nice place, good atmosphere, very helpful staff and the food is good - esp their red curry.

The place in Broomhill has a good reputation and loyal following, only been once myself and was not that impressed, but it was OK and some swear by it.

Siam Inter on London Road I have not been to, but looks OK.

Noodle King on Hunters Bar does a really good line in Thai salads, noodles and curry and is a great place to pop into but might not be right for a special night out.

Thai at the Travellers in Holmesfileld is also meant to be very good but I''ve not manged to get there.

My recommendation would be Baan Thai, but which ever you choose there is no need to go to Leeds!

Only one in Sheffield I've tried is Bahn Thai. Went for my 19th with friends and we all thought it was superb. Great food, massive choice, very friendly staff and the restaurant is great inside.

It's round the corner from Waitrose.

Their number is 0114 2754800.

GazB

Archived