Anyone who lived in makin rd,off darnall main rd

harold

i was friends with susan and malcolm but it must be about thirty odd years agowen i was fimarried to rodney hanstock who unfotunetkly died .wen u c them remember me to them that is iff they remember me .it was a long time ago

Hi Jackydarnall - Great to track you down!!! Cousin Judith xx

I remember The Biggs family.I think there were four brothers Lol,Trevor,Barry and Michael.They lived on the corner of Makin place and Makin road.Iremember them having a full sized snooker table in their front room which was once a shop.I think their dad was called George.

Hi Robbie

Yes, they were them, There's only Trevor still alive, he moved down to Cornwall or somewhere at the bottom of the country!

George was my grandad, his nickname was ben gunn as he was a bit nutty like Ben Gunn in treasure island!! :hihi:

There was also Janice (my aunt), she went to live in Greece (or Cyprus, not sure which!) but she's come back to Sheffield now..

Cheers, John :)

Hi Robbie

Yes, they were them, There's only Trevor still alive, he moved down to Cornwall or somewhere at the bottom of the country!

George was my grandad, his nickname was ben gunn as he was a bit nutty like Ben Gunn in treasure island!! :hihi:

There was also Janice (my aunt), she went to live in Greece (or Cyprus, not sure which!) but she's come back to Sheffield now..

Cheers, John :)

hi biggsy just reading about biggs family and saw your post been a long time since we been in touch drop me a PM with your phone no will contact you my name is mick griffin janices husband cheers

• 9 months later...
My parent, Tom and Joan Jones had the beer off on the corner of Darnall and Makin, We lived there from 1962 to 1970. I havethree younger siblings, twin sisters Anne and Christine, and a brother John my name is Linda and I now live in Canada,. I went to phillymore road for a short time, then to Colleridge road...bad memories of Mrs Stribley, but wonderful ones of Miss Elston
Hi Linda you may not remember me but I remember all you family very well in fact I am your brother John's godmother. I used to work for your mum and dad in their shop they were very good friends of my mum and dad Kitty and Fred Barnes we lived at top of Makin Rd.

My grandparents, Jack and Harriet Beardsall had the corner beer-off at the bottom of Makin road and Darnall road till the Sheffield blitz during the war.

They moved to Dronfield where I was born till after the war when we moved back into Sheffield (Woodseats).

My Mom, Joan, still had close friends from there till she died 4 years ago.

Little Herbert Bullement worked with me in south machine shop as my labourer best bloke I ever knew taught me how to play 5,s and 3,s introduced me to the Broughton and Carbrook Cons Club, father to Mavis father inlaw to big brian Gregory, agiant of a man dispite his hieght. Fondly remembered by all our family sadly missed our kindest reguards to all connected with this man,

Kevin Eason

Hi Kevin

Did you by any chance used to live up Gleadless Valley?

• 3 years later...