George Entwistle - Clueless? [Update: He's resigned]

dvp82

Aggers has suggested Geoff Boycott for DG. I think he would do a fantastic job.

My mum could sort those paedos out with a stick of rhubarb...

It's about time the BBC either becomes commercial or does one. Being forced to pay for this sack of cack is just too tedious.

I disagree Andy. The BBC does a lot of brilliant work. Newsnight is a bit of a nightmare at the moment, but Today, Question Time and Panorama are surely worth your licence fee.

An impartial public service broadcaster is an imperative for a civillised nation. Have you seen Fox?

I can't think of single organisation anywhere that will investigate itself with such alacrity. and ultimately success.

Did you hear this?

Fantastic impartiality. Courageous journalism.

As title really. He was kicked from pillar to post by John Humphries this morning on the Today programme.

He claimed that he didn't know that the Lord McAlpine story was going to be run by Newsnight, which must have made him the only person in the country.

Quite unbelievable stuff.

He wasn't the only person not to know about Lord McAlpine. I didn't know either until Lord McAlpine denied the rumours himself. It's one of the advantages of not participating in pile of crap that is Twitter.

So Newsnight decided, rightly, not to name Lord McAlpine in their programme despite all the massed pitchforks and braying for blood on the internet. What did they do wrong?

It's about time the BBC either becomes commercial or does one. Being forced to pay for this sack of cack is just too tedious.

The rest of the media hate the BBC. This is why the main story has now become BBC bashing rather than the real story of child abuse.

They want you to think of dismantling the BBC. For me the BBC do a great job in providing programmes I want to watch, with the added bonus of no adverts!

No other channel offers this.

He wasn't the only person not to know about Lord McAlpine. I didn't know either until Lord McAlpine denied the rumours himself. It's one of the advantages of not participating in pile of crap that is Twitter.

So Newsnight decided, rightly, not to name Lord McAlpine in their programme despite all the massed pitchforks and braying for blood on the internet. What did they do wrong?

Well, they fingered a well known politician, albeit obliquely. Yet they didn't seek his view.

They also didn't check the identity of the accused, with the accuser.

Oh. and they didn't refer a clearly controversial programme to the DG.

Apart from that, it was top journalism. So good that it has seriously hampered future investigations into a really serious problem.

Archived