George Entwistle - Clueless? [Update: He's resigned]

dvp82

I don't like cameron, but what P SCHOFIELD did was wrong. Hope he gets sack! Especially since the story was wrong all along,

Unfortunately ITV and This Morning haven't launched a massive introspective investigation into what went wrong with Schofield. Unlike the BBC which has spent the past few weeks investigating itself.

Compare also with Sky and News International. Did Sky news or The Sun or The Times tear into Rupert Murdoch in the same way that BBC reporters and journalists have interrogated Entwistle?

Schofield's stunt was crass and stupid. He should be embarrassed.

However, its interesting to compare this with the Chistopher Jeffries case, why aren't the editors of the newspapers involved all fired?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greenslade/2011/jul/29/joanna-yeates-national-newspapers

I guess their proprieters felt they'd not transgressed sufficiently to fire them.

However the BBC while-ever it's publically funded is rightly held to a higher standard.

It has been announced that the incompetent Entwhistle will receive a package of £450.000 c/o the taxpayer,after six weeks in post.He should donate this to the hurt parties.

That's only 3093 TV licences, a drop in the ocean of the fees extracted by malice from anyone who owns a television.

It has been announced that the incompetent Entwhistle will receive a package of £450.000 c/o the taxpayer,after six weeks in post.He should donate this to the hurt parties.

Which parties exactly have been hurt by his (lack of) actions?

He's resigned after the broadcast of a report, which at the time of broadcast was completely accurate (someone was accusing a senior tory of being a abuser), and that didn't overstep any laws, and was being complained about because they didn't name the accused person.

I really don't know what's going on with the world. Two weeks ago we were demanding to know immediately who exactly all these suspected paedos were, regardless of evidence to back up those claims, and this week we're demanding that people get fired for some of those claims being investigated on TV and the evidence subsequently being found to be lacking.

Bizarrely this seems to be double the contractually obliged payout. Quite what the BBC trust think they are playing at paying him double what he's owed for a "consensual termination agreement" I have no idea.

If Patten allows this to stand then I think he'll be next out the door.

Bizarrely this seems to be double the contractually obliged payout. Quite what the BBC trust think they are playing at paying him double what he's owed for a "consensual termination agreement" I have no idea.

If Patten allows this to stand then I think he'll be next out the door.

If I was made redundant, I'd receive the statutory minimum payment. Anything else would be an abuse of public funds.

If I resigned, I'd get nothing.

I don't see why anyone else should be treated differently. Unless, of course, it was politically expedient to remove them from sight as quickly as possible.

Archived