And the Next Football boss to be sacked/resign is ..

The Manager

32 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Nope it has gone, Rotherham United are to appoint Exeter City's Matt Taylor as their new manager. Matt Taylor: Rotherham United are to appoint Exeter City boss as new manager - BBC Sport

Wait for next season when he is a first to try and sign Cameron Dawson, who had a very good promotion season at Exeter last year on loan.

For football fans of an age such as myself when the game years ago was on a different planet from what it is today, our beloved game has completely lost its way !!

Chris wasn't given the time he deserved, neither are many of those managers who are given the sack.

The situation will never improve, at least it gives supporters of rival teams something to smile about.

Mooks is more than right   i.e. players are the ones who do the biz ...........

Interesting comments from pintor

started to believe his own publicity too much  -- what's meant by that ?

wasted millions -- names please 

2 hours ago, top4718 said:

"Pretty bad" is some understatement 🤣 lowest ever points total in 132 years on Boxing Day, wow.

Your second point is true and yet I've still seen SWFC play in more Premier League games than you have SUFC, how very strange. 🤣

You don't seem to be able to understand how the game works in terms of League Football. Let me explain. every team plays every other team home and away, when, and only when the fixtures are completed are all the points added up and league positions finally decided. Understand?

I hope that your misconception with regard to when things are finished doesn't extend to other parts of your life, otherwise your wife                      ( assuming you're married ) must be a very disappointed lady.

In fact, as bad as that season was there are a number of clubs some of whom are even bigger than the Massive with worse records.https://theanalyst.com/2022/01/lowest-points-totals-in-pl-history/ The Blades were 4 points better off than the best of those.

As for your Premier experience, aah the good old days, back in the last century. Since that time people have been born, completed their education, found employment, got married, had children and never known Wednesday be in the Premier League. Relegated three times to the third division yes, promoted to the Prem, no.

4 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

This thread has been in this section for as long as I remember.

The original thread was started yesterday in the Sheffield Football section about Chris Wilder getting the sack...it was moved to this section by the moderators....the constant bickering would have been in its original section if the moderators hadn't moved it....

2 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

The original thread was started yesterday in the Sheffield Football section about Chris Wilder getting the sack...it was moved to this section by the moderators....the constant bickering would have been in its original section if the moderators hadn't moved it....

Wilders sacking had already been mentioned on this thread which is the correct section for it.

Check for yourself no need for any insult or arguments just have a look.

Just now, Alextopman said:

Wilders sacking had already been mentioned on this thread which is the correct section for it.

Check for yourself no need for any insult or arguments just have a look.

No more insults or arguments from me....lets wind our respective necks in and keep it cordial from now on ...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

No more insults or arguments from me....lets wind our respective necks in and keep it cordial from now on ...

Well you've said it many times but not managed it and as before I'll go with it.

Long may it last.

I only give back what I receive so all should be fine.

7 hours ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Yep, it was moved from Sheffield football as Chris Wilder getting sacked has nothing to do with... Sheffield football, and there is already this massive thread talking about football managers getting sacked, so your post was moved to the correct place.

• Like 1

On 03/10/2022 at 10:43, Sheridan1-0 said:

No real surprise ..Middlesbrough have sacked their manager.....can't remember his name..but i think he was sacked in his previous job  as well ....

A couple of days before Wilder was sack, he was being linked with the Bournemouth job by Radio 5.

Edited by Baron99
  • Confused 1

Guest ThaBoom

Good to read that Nottingham Forest have reacted to what many thought (myself included) that the manager would be sacked.

The club has just agreed a new contract with Steve Cooper to run until 2025.

They clearly trust him to get them out of their current plight, or if going back down, he's the man to bring them back up.