And the Next Football boss to be sacked/resign is ..

The Manager

59 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Cooper gone. Forest in talks with Warnock’s mate, Nuno.

You can't feel too sorry for the managers at this level, they are very well rewarded and get handsome payoffs but it always amuses me how these owners think.

I'm no fan of Cooper, there's something about him I find unpleasant but the fact is that he's done a great job for Forest. Given the way football works these days where money counts for more than ability what exactly did the Forest owners expect?

Same down at the Lane with Heckingbottom, The owner isn't interested but Hecky does wonders  with the hand he's dealt and wins automatic promotion to the Prem, then loses two of his best players on the eve of kick off, ends up with a weaker squad than the one that won promotion, has the third worst injury list in the Prem, and he's the one that has to carry the can!

Too many spoilt rich kids who have never had to really work for anything in their lives own football clubs in this country and treat them as toys.

2 hours ago, m williamson said:

You can't feel too sorry for the managers at this level, they are very well rewarded and get handsome payoffs but it always amuses me how these owners think.

I'm no fan of Cooper, there's something about him I find unpleasant but the fact is that he's done a great job for Forest. Given the way football works these days where money counts for more than ability what exactly did the Forest owners expect?

Same down at the Lane with Heckingbottom, The owner isn't interested but Hecky does wonders  with the hand he's dealt and wins automatic promotion to the Prem, then loses two of his best players on the eve of kick off, ends up with a weaker squad than the one that won promotion, has the third worst injury list in the Prem, and he's the one that has to carry the can!

Too many spoilt rich kids who have never had to really work for anything in their lives own football clubs in this country and treat them as toys.

I agree Williamson but how many of those 'rich kids' are British? Some notable previous ones; Elton John; born Hertfordshire, where Watford is-Bill Kenwright, born Liverpool, where Everton is, I think both of them  had a deep feeling  as young  boys to  the their local clubs and hence keeping their commitment.

Edited by St Petre
add

2 hours ago, St Petre said:

I agree Williamson but how many of those 'rich kids' are British? Some notable previous ones; Elton John; born Hertfordshire, where Watford is-Bill Kenwright, born Liverpool, where Everton is, I think both of them  had a deep feeling  as young  boys to  the their local clubs and hence keeping their commitment.

That's the problem. How many of them really understand the way it works in this country? Why do they think that there can be so many clubs existing when so few can be winners and so few less be consistent winners?

In Britain and Europe it's mainly down to family connection and the attactment to the place you come from.  In America it doesn't seem to be as personal, it's a franchise.

The game has lost its soul to Mammon.

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly unexpectedly, Wayne Rooney has been sacked by Birmingham City.

This part of his farewell statement is comedy gold:

"However, time is the most precious commodity a manager requires and I do not believe 13 weeks was sufficient to oversee the changes that were needed."

Brum were in 6th place when he took over - after 13 weeks of Rooney they're 20th!

John Eustace must be grinning like a Cheshire Cat this morning.

1 hour ago, Carl said:

Not exactly unexpectedly, Wayne Rooney has been sacked by Birmingham City.

This part of his farewell statement is comedy gold:

"However, time is the most precious commodity a manager requires and I do not believe 13 weeks was sufficient to oversee the changes that were needed."

Brum were in 6th place when he took over - after 13 weeks of Rooney they're 20th!

John Eustace must be grinning like a Cheshire Cat this morning.

Wayne still thinks he’s on his ‘journey as a manager’.