And the Next Football boss to be sacked/resign is ..

The Manager

1 hour ago, Carl said:

Not exactly unexpectedly, Wayne Rooney has been sacked by Birmingham City.

This part of his farewell statement is comedy gold:

"However, time is the most precious commodity a manager requires and I do not believe 13 weeks was sufficient to oversee the changes that were needed."

Brum were in 6th place when he took over - after 13 weeks of Rooney they're 20th!

John Eustace must be grinning like a Cheshire Cat this morning.

Sky Sports have put a graphic up of the Championship table & the points scored by each side since Rooney took over at Birmingham. 

Birmingham were at the very bottom. 

59 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Wayne still thinks he’s on his ‘journey as a manager’.

It seems the realisation has hit him as he's announced he'll be 'taking a break' from Football.  AKA, not wanting to be known as the manager that can't find a team.

Guest ThaBoom
1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

Wayne still thinks he’s on his ‘journey as a manager’.

Yeah, motorway journey as he gets fired from job to job.

20 minutes ago, ukdobby said:

He’ll get a pundit job on Sky with rest of the failures.

Sky would have to spend more money on elocution lessons than Rooney's spent  on his hair. 

I'd rather not have to have the subtitles on while watching the football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Sky would have to spend more money on elocution lessons than Rooney's spent  on his hair. 

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

I can understand him better than I could Shankly and Ferguson.

Guest ThaBoom
2 hours ago, ukdobby said:

He’ll get a pundit job on Sky with rest of the failures.

Most likely- safer that way whilst still be in the public eye and pick up loads of money. 

The appmnt by Birmingham was stupid in the first place- I said it on the day it was announced.  The previous manager had them in 6th.

19 hours ago, ThaBoom said:

Most likely- safer that way whilst still be in the public eye and pick up loads of money. 

The appmnt by Birmingham was stupid in the first place- I said it on the day it was announced.  The previous manager had them in 6th.

It'd be funny if he did end up as a pundit but how could you take Rooney's views seriously?  I can just see it now.  "Well Wayne, City are 1 - nil down,  tell us, where do you think Pep Guardiola is going wrong?" 

Rooney just confirms the old adage that great footballers by & large, don't make great managers.  They are too wrapped up in themselves at the time they are playing to really pay attention.  You can count successful players who then come successful managers on Caption Hook' bad hand.