And the Next Football boss to be sacked/resign is ..

The Manager

The Guardian are reporting that his reaction to the collision was one of the main factors behind Pearson's sacking. I guess if he was looking like he was going to lead Leicester to safety then it would have been a lot easier to wash over his actions.

I am amazed Lambert lasted that long. I am all for manager loyalty, but with the talent he has/had up front and then not to score goals, it was getting ridiculous.

I think that Lambert lasted for so long because he was doing the job the owner wanted him to do. Keeping Villa in the Premier League and cutting wages. It was only when it's looking like he's failed that he was fired.

To put Villa's situation into perspective. Out of Villa's 22 points, 10 of them came in the first 4 games, and 12 points coming in the next 21 games.

Paul Lambert's been dealing with an absent owner and no assistant since Keane left..it's not him that's been missing the chances they've made in front of goal..

I think that Lambert lasted for so long because he was doing the job the owner wanted him to do. Keeping Villa in the Premier League and cutting wages. It was only when it's looking like he's failed that he was fired.

To put Villa's situation into perspective. Out of Villa's 22 points, 10 of them came in the first 4 games, and 12 points coming in the next 21 games.

There is no denying Villa are declining and have seen not enough investment to compete for higher places in the PL, but I had a dig around and there is no reason he should have been performing this badly. People keep saying he had NO money, this is untrue, I reckon his biggest failure was with his strikers/offensive gameplan:

He had Agbonlahor, a guy who scored at a decent rate of 1 in 3 and played for England before he got injured, he became fully fit during Lambert's tenure but Lambert failed to get goals out of him.

He had Darren Bent, a 24 million pound signing who scored at least 1 in 2 before being brought to Villa by McLeish (paid for by Lerner!), Lambert "fell out" with him and basically dumped him.

He brought in Christian Benteke, a guy that came for 7 million, again, paid for by Lerner, scored over 1 in 2 in his first season for Lambert and was rumoured to be worth over 25 million after that first season. He ended up injured, but that can not be the reason for his complete failure to find the back of the net: the lad is clearly unhappy about his transfer not going through, bad management, Lambert should have cashed in and got a replacement.

The 2013/2014 season he spent over 10 million on a host of players that hardly feature in the team.

This season, he spent considerable money as well, I can't find all the numbers but it is more than 10 million. He has brought in around 18 players and most of those play at similar positions, left backs, left midfielders, central defenders and defensively minded central midfielders. The only creative player he brought in was a massive gamble on Cleverley, this winter he brought in Gil, who looks like he might lift things a bit, but also Scott Sinclair, yet another left winger.

The man has been going about without a plan. A good manager would have sorted things out differently. I think he has come massively undone in the past three years as a bad transfers guy and judging by the trouble he has had with Bent and Benteke one could also argue he can't deal with the big egos, something you need to be able to in the PL that is driven by money.