And the Next Football boss to be sacked/resign is ..

The Manager

Tim Sherwood has gone from Aston Villa. A shame, he seems a bright young manager but six defeats on the trot it's not good enough for Randy Lerner who is trying to sell the club.

Surprised that the club sacked him so early- I thought he may be given time to 'gel the team' but has had some poor results- including losing when in front.

Hope it's Jose! Can't stand that <Removed>. Looks like he actually wants to get sacked tho.

You're probaby right- something is very wrong at Chelsea and Mourinho seems a different person to the one who won the PL last season.

All the papers today are speculating 'when' he will go, not 'if',

I think he has made his mind up- but wants a chunk of his lucrative contract paid up..then off to Inter Milan or PSG....before ending his career as manager of Portugal.

Edited by Guest

You're probaby right- something is very wrong at Chelsea and Mourinho seems a different person to the one who won the PL last season.

I think he has made his mind up- but wants a chunk of his lucrative contract paid up..then off to Inter Milan or PSG....before ending his career as manager of Portugal.

I think Jose will be flicking through the classifieds on the way back to Stamford bridge tonight.

Mourinho's dad had an operation to remove a blood clot from his brain in the summer, and his condition hasn't improved so he remains seriously ill. Apparently he's been flying backwards and forwards visiting him regularly.

Mourinho's dad was also a professional football and a manager, and he almost got the Portugal job during his managerial career, so he's always been a mentor for Mourinho.

The Chelsea hierarchy also let Mourinho down by not improving the squad or reinforcing the defence, which is seriously undermanned and starting to look well over the hill. Apparently Chelsea and Everton reached an agreement where they'd sign Stones for £36 million, but the Everton manager said that he'd quit if Everton willingly sold him.

Add this to a complacency with the squad with some players admitting that they returned from the off season over weight coupled with a tricky start to the season and it's led to the "perfect storm" of Chelsea's amazing fall from grace.

It won't have gone unnoticed within the Chelsea hierarchy that the fans have sung Mourinho's name all night.

The Chelsea hierarchy also let Mourinho down by not improving the squad or reinforcing the defence,

You can't carry on spending over £100 million every season like last year.

Even with that said, spending is probably around the £60 million mark?

Rahman, is he injured?