And the Next Football boss to be sacked/resign is ..

The Manager

You can't carry on spending over £100 million every season like last year.

Even with that said, spending is probably around the £60 million mark?

Rahman, is he injured?

We financed the £100 million spent last year by selling over £100 million worth of players. In recent history we've sold to spend so we've complied with FFP.

When I talk about the Chelsea hierarchy letting Mourinho down, what I mean is they've left him with 5 first team defenders for the season. With Terry's age it seems he cannot be a first team regular any more, so in effect Chelsea actually have 4 first team defenders. Unfortunately Ivanovich is one of those defenders.

I don't think that Mourinho fancies Rahman, he's said that he's not ready for Premiership football yet. So irrespective of Ivanovich's form, he hasn't really got any choice but to play him.

When I talk about the Chelsea hierarchy letting Mourinho down, what I mean is they've left him with 5 first team defenders for the season. With Terry's age it seems he cannot be a first team regular any more, so in effect Chelsea actually have 4 first team defenders. Unfortunately Ivanovich is one of those defenders.
Suddenly realising that Terry and Ivanonich are both washed up is not a situation that has happened overnight. They are both in the 30's so it was always a possibility that they would decline and decline fast.

The solution should be long term planning, not needing to go out and buy Stones at 35 million. That's chequebook management.

Mourinho is the 2nd best club manger in the world but that's just bad management. He should have kept Sam Hutchinson ;)

Suddenly realising that Terry and Ivanonich are both washed up is not a situation that has happened overnight. They are both in the 30's so it was always a possibility that they would decline and decline fast.

The solution should be long term planning, not needing to go out and buy Stones at 35 million. That's chequebook management.

Mourinho is the 2nd best club manger in the world but that's just bad management. He should have kept Sam Hutchinson ;)

Tell us all who is 1st.:hihi::hihi:

Ivanovich is only 31, but that's neither here or there.

I don't think that it was suddenly realised that Terry was over the hill. The plan would have been to get a couple of world class defenders in over the summer, and bring Zouma on. Unfortunately this never happened and in reality instead of strengthening they ended up letting one go.

Ivanovich is only 31, but that's neither here or there.

I don't think that it was suddenly realised that Terry was over the hill. The plan would have been to get a couple of world class defenders in over the summer, and bring Zouma on. Unfortunately this never happened and in reality instead of strengthening they ended up letting one go.

He's had two years to prepare for Terry going boom. Ivanovich is unfortunate but its not unprecedented for a 31 year old to go downhill quick (although it seems there may be more to his decline than age...).

You don't strengthen a team the close season before the season starts. Too late by then. Will they settle? Will they be ready?

If you do that then you are going to really need to splash the cash.

Now whether its Jose's fault or not Chelsea's long term planning is non-existent.

He's had two years to prepare for Terry going boom. Ivanovich is unfortunate but its not unprecedented for a 31 year old to go downhill quick (although it seems there may be more to his decline than age...).

You don't strengthen a team the close season before the season starts. Too late by then. Will they settle? Will they be ready?

If you do that then you are going to really need to splash the cash.

Now whether its Jose's fault or not Chelsea's long term planning is non-existent.

We'll have to agree to disagree, I think that the close season is the best time to strengthen the team, it's when most teams do it. If you do your due diligence you can mitigate the risks of the signing.