And the Next Football boss to be sacked/resign is ..

The Manager

I agree that we are going in the right direction finally, but why has it taken so long ? An England position is not a career, it is a finite privilege and all players have to be ready for that.

One other thing to mention. Leicester ! They are such a exhilarating example to English football, other managers of English teams need to take note and absorb their template, as well as Hodgson. They are so solid in defence, and can score goals in a flash to win games, and 1-0 still means 3 points. But most importantly, they play as a team, all run their hearts out and have a terrific sense of positional awareness. Nobody intimidates them !

This all needs to be injected into the England team if we want another World Cup.

Yes Mr.G. agree with the Leicester City piece but as in 'nobody intimidates them' especially the Polish 'knuckler' Wasilewski who seems to get his relalation in first and is a walking yellow card (and liability) in every game, it was he, that stupidly and needlessly, gave away a free kick that allowed Arsenal's Danny Welbeck-which actually hit his head and rebounded into the net- to score a stoppage time goal in a game the Foxes would have won if not for his idiocy !

Edited by stpetre

I saw that game, and Arsenal were lucky to come away with the three points.

Now that Leicester will be in the Champions league for sure, some changes will come no doubt but Ranieri has to be careful not to tinker with the core of the team. I heard a stat the other day that Leicester have only played a total 18 players this season, much less than most other prem. teams, so the subs have a big part to play.

• 2 weeks later...

I like Martinez as a person, but the Everton defence has been such a liability for so long, I don't think he can last much longer, esp. now that there is a new major shareholder.

I liken Martinez to Warnock: good all round skills, but much better suited to the Championship than to the Premiership !

I think roberto Martinez needs to pick up the star on Thursday because he's now definately goin to get his ass fired.

I think 'The Sun' is not popular in Liverpool but they have the 'Sheffield Star' there Mr.T.?

• 3 weeks later...

Martinez sacking by Everton has been made official. De Boer, who's stepped down from Ajax has already said that he's interested in the job. I'm not sure that after his season at Ajax, if he's the man for the job.