And the Next Football boss to be sacked/resign is ..

The Manager

Mourinho has always been a bit defensive as a manager, Man U built their reputation as an attacking team. Just about the first thing he did was to sell Arjan Robben. He'll do better than LVG and Moyes though, surely?

I think that you're not quite remembering things correctly. Arjan Robben joined and left Chelsea the same years as Mourinho did. He Joined in 2004 and left in 2007.

Interesting to see what Giggs does.

Stay and learn from someone like Mourhino (who may bring his own reliable assistants) or leave and go manage in a lower league to start his managerial career.

Giggs has played under Fergie/ assisted Van Gaal and could assist JM..not a bad learning curve for a future manager.

Interesting to see what Giggs does.

Stay and learn from someone like Mourhino (who may bring his own reliable assistants) or leave and go manage in a lower league to start his managerial career.

Giggs has played under Fergie/ assisted Van Gaal and could assist JM..not a bad learning curve for a future manager.

I'd imagine that Giggs may be a bit miffed that he's not got the job himself, so he could well leave.

Shoddy treatment of Van Gaal, I feel he was getting somewhere, just as he was with Ajax, Bayern and Barca, he is a builder, give him time and he becomes a winner. Some excellent talent has been introduced that would never have seen the pitch with Mourinho in charge, he smothers talent in favour of cronyism, which is exactly what led to his downfall at Chelsea this season. So what next for Man U, another 200 million pound transfer kitty?

a £4.5m severance payment will go some way to helping him feel better

He hasn't needed money since his Ajax days, he is swimming in the stuff. He was sold the post at Man U because they told him of a project to restructure the club, bring youngsters in and develop academy talent whilst having time, any price would be a bonus. He won the FA cup, brought through a host of youngsters, brought in Martial and Depay and generally was turning the team around.

Sure the football was pants, but will it get better under Mourinho? I doubt it. But then I was spectacularly wrong about another Portuguese manager, Carvalho ;)