Home owners revenge

Last Monday afternoon I had a call from my wife, she was home and in a distrest state. We had enquired regarding a new kitchen just to find out a ball park price. No request was made for a visit, but this salesman decided to call and try and make a sale and would not take no for an answer.

Just for a quick background we live down a gravel lane which is private 0.7 miles from the main road in fact we are at the bottom of a Croft at the side of the Moray Firth

So I spoke to my local neighbour who owns most of the land and by magic 3 tons of bolders and hardcore was placed on the lane, my car was up the lane so I was able to come and go.

Sadly the salesmans car was unable to exit. He was not happy and demanded the obstruction be removed or he would call the police, I said go ahead, but remember you came uninvited on private property and this is a working croft so your car stays where it is untill the land owner removes the obstruction.

He then went through the fields and caught a Taxi. The lane was cleared the next day, I rang the salesman and informed him the way was clear fo him to remove his car. He came that afternoon and recoverd his car and I said to him have you learned anything he then grunted yes.

Job sorted dont think we will see him again

I know salesmen are a pain but how did you expect to get an accurate price quote for your kitchen without a sales visit?

Were you not also blocking lawful access to the highway?

No, you can only obstruct a highway on which the public are allowed. The track was private property.

Last Monday afternoon I had a call from my wife, she was home and in a distrest state. We had enquired regarding a new kitchen just to find out a ball park price. No request was made for a visit, but this salesman decided to call and try and make a sale and would not take no for an answer.

Just for a quick background we live down a gravel lane which is private 0.7 miles from the main road in fact we are at the bottom of a Croft at the side of the Moray Firth

So I spoke to my local neighbour who owns most of the land and by magic 3 tons of bolders and hardcore was placed on the lane, my car was up the lane so I was able to come and go.

Sadly the salesmans car was unable to exit. He was not happy and demanded the obstruction be removed or he would call the police, I said go ahead, but remember you came uninvited on private property and this is a working croft so your car stays where it is untill the land owner removes the obstruction.

He then went through the fields and caught a Taxi. The lane was cleared the next day, I rang the salesman and informed him the way was clear fo him to remove his car. He came that afternoon and recoverd his car and I said to him have you learned anything he then grunted yes.

Are you simple of something.

Even if the salesman called round for a visit uninvited your wife did not have to let him in. She could have insisted he left and if he refused called the police. Unless you report him as being a trespasser - which they were not - as he was invited into your home by your wife. That instantly makes him a LAWFUL VISITOR

Therefore, what sort of right did you have to block in an innocent person's vehicle and impound it - private property or not.

You might think you are clever and satisfied but YOU could have been the ones who got into trouble.

What a completley rediculous story.

... or anyone else when word gets around.

Good luck finding someone else to fit your kitchen! :rolleyes:

Archived