Old Camera Accessories

Hello, rather a specific one here so here goes.

My dad has an old Fujifilm FinePix S5600 camera and has been experiencing some issues with it.

Firstly, his memory cards don't always work and we have to keep resetting and re-booting the camera in order to refresh so we can access photos and take pictures. The memory cards themselves are an old 1GB Type-M xD-Picture Card and I want to get him the biggest I can find and have been researching and lead to believe that the 2GB Type-M+ is the best I can get but finding brand new ones from a good company is hard to find without using Amazon. I would like to know if there are any bundle packs available instead of wasting money on just one 2GB card.

I would also like to know if there are any official lithium battery kits available so that we can charge the camera up instead of replacing batteries, if not then are there any official accessory kits for it.

I would also like to know about the wide angle lens attachments you can get for it as I have looked in the manual and apparently there is an official one for it but am not sure on the specific model.

I used to have one of these, an absolutely brilliant camera.

The cards are fairly robust, I'd take a chance on buying a couple of second hand ones on Ebay.

You shouldn't really need to bother with battery kits, a good set of high capacity (2100 upwards) Uniross NiMh batteries are good enough and will last absolutely ages.

You can get a screw-on fisheye lens. A colleague had one of those and it was pretty good for the price. Again, check Ebay.

Finally, check for firmware upgrades.

I used to have one of these, an absolutely brilliant camera.

The cards are fairly robust, I'd take a chance on buying a couple of second hand ones on Ebay.

You shouldn't really need to bother with battery kits, a good set of high capacity (2100 upwards) Uniross NiMh batteries are good enough and will last absolutely ages.

You can get a screw-on fisheye lens. A colleague had one of those and it was pretty good for the price. Again, check Ebay.

Finally, check for firmware upgrades.

Cheers, but where on earth do I check for firmware upgrades as there is no support for it on the Fuji website?

Archived